Monday, September 9, 2019

Sunday, September 8, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, was awakened at 3am by distant fireworks, woke briefly around 6am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

After breakfast I took a nap from 9am to 10am.

I packed up the broken fan and we left the apt at 11am and walked to the mall.  At Home Center I presented the receipt with the broken fan and they gave me a receipt.  I understand they will repair it and then call Teresa.

Teresa had a store credit and I made a final payment on a pair of gym shoes for her in ProChampions.

We had a nice lunch in Crepes & Waffles but being in my shorts the A/C felt too cold.

Afterward we went to Café Arangos for coffee.

About 2:30 I walked Teresa to her mother’s apartment and I returned to ours to watch some NFL football.

I moved the fan from the 3rd bedroom into the living room and even at the low setting from 6’ away it makes a big difference in comfort.

Teresa returned at 6:45.

Tomorrow I have gym in the morning and after lunch I have to go downtown Envigado to pay my Claro cellphone bill.  (Hmmm, I wonder if I could pay it in the future at the Claro office in the mall?  I’ll have to check that out.)  Teresa informed me that we are out of fruits and vegetables so after my trip downtown we’ll probably have to go grocery shopping.

I watched Season 8, episode 15 of The Walking Dead on Netflix.

6,620 steps today.

Joke of the day
An Irishman who had a little to drink is driving home from the city one night and, of course, his car is weaving violently all over the road. A cop pulls him over.  
"So," says the cop to the driver, "where have you been?" 
"Why, I've been to the pub of course" slurs the drunk. 
"Well," says the cop, "it looks like you've had quite a few to drink this evening". 
"I did all right," the drunk says with a smile. 
"Did you know," says the cop, standing straight and folding his arms across his chest, "that a few intersections back, your wife fell out of your car?"
"Oh, thank heavens," sighs the drunk. "For a minute there, I thought I'd gone deaf."

No comments:

Post a Comment