Friday, September 13, 2019

Thursday, September 12, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up 3-4 times during the night, quickly falling back asleep each time, finally waking/getting up at 7am.  The first time I got up I felt unsteady on my feet maybe because I took a whole melatonin instead of a half before going to bed.

Teresa left at 7:45 for the finca.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for the mall.  I printed out some pages at Auros.  I inquired at Exito if I could pay my epm bill there.  The young lady pointed toward the back and said something like ‘multipagos’.

I went up to the 3rd floor where I recycled a couple of pill bottles.
I stopped on the 2nd floor and made an ATM withdrawal.

I went into the Claro store and despite no one speaking English I managed to change my postpago plan from 8GB (I thought it was 4GB) to 12GB.  The new plan cost is 72,900 pesos (about $24) up from 58,900 (about $19).  The rep downloaded their app to my cellphone and now I can keep better track of my GBs.

I stopped in Decathalon where I found a pair of 33/33 short pants for 81mil ($26).  I guess either I get them shortened professionally or I just wear them long.

I had a café con leche in Todo Fresa.

In Home Center I bought 2 D batteries for the next time the hot water heater stops working.

I stopped in Exito where I paid my epm utility bill.  I’m hoping in the future to pay most of my bills in the mall instead of having to make a trip to downtown Envigado.

I exchanged some things back at the apt.  I left again at 12:20.

On my way through La Buena Mesa I noticed workers resurfacing one of the side streets with asphalt.

I met Chuck at Na Pizza at 12:30.  It was his treat to celebrate the Republicans winning a couple of seats in North Carolina.  The pizza was pretty good.

I invited him to join me for the movie but he had to go to downtown Envigado to send some money to Darnely’s family.
At Avenida Poblado I caught a bus to Poblado.  I stopped in Office Depot where I had some documents scanned to my flashdrive.

I walked 2 blocks to Oviedo.  On the 2nd floor where there used to be a furniture store there is now a Dollar City.
I bought a ticket to Yesterday (7.0) for 10,500 pesos and a small popcorn and small soda for another 13,200.

The theater was pretty chilly in my shorts but I managed to get through without even a trip to the restroom.  There were only about 4 other people in the theater including an apparently older gringo couple.

I enjoyed the movie very much.  It was nice to hear some Beatles music again without it being a biography and there were a few surprises near the end.  The budget for making the movie was 26 million dollars and world-wide it’s already made 136 million so I would call that successful.

After the movie I got a seat on a Sabaneta bus back to Envigado.

Since Teresa was still at the finca I stopped at Parva for a café con leche.

10,173 steps today.

Joke of the day
A husband decides to join his wife for the first time playing golf. He's never really been into the game, but since his wife was playing with all these men around, he wanted to come and check it out. 
All day long he complains: About the heat, about the other people, about how long it's taking...
They are on the 9th green when suddenly he collapses from a heart attack!
"Help me," he groans to his wife. 
The wife calls 911 on her cell phone, talks for a few minutes, picks up her putter, and lines up her putt. 
Her husband raises his head off the green and stares at her. "I'm dying over here and you're putting?"
"Don't worry dear," says the wife calmly, "they found a doctor on the second hole and he's coming to help you."
"Well, how long will it take for him to get here?" he asks feebly.
"No time at all," says his wife. "Everybody's already agreed to let him play through."

No comments:

Post a Comment