Thursday, September 12, 2019

Wednesday, September 11, 2019


Today is the 18th anniversary of the September 11th, 2001 attacks.

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.

I skipped the same exercises because of my shoulder pain and I completed the rest in an hour and 10 minutes.  I ran into Teresa on my way out and we walked back to the apt.

She told me she’s going to the finca tomorrow so I’ll probably have lunch with Chuck and maybe after I’ll see Yesterday (7.0) premiering in Viva Envigado.

We left the apt at 2pm and took a taxi to the Euro grocery store in Mayorista.  I helped Teresa pick up a few things.  I asked the security guard if he knew of a place nearby where I could print a few things from my flashdrive.  He pointed towards the front gate but I didn’t understand the details.  I walked in that direction but of all the stores I didn’t see anything that might do printing.

Outside Euro I ordered a small coffee and sat at an outdoor table.  I was soon sitting in the sun.  I certainly don’t remember this problem before so it must have been either cloudy or a different time of day.

I went inside and sat by the butcher’s shop until I cooled down.

We checked out our groceries and I was happy to see they charged me in pesos instead of dollars.

We soon were in a nice A/C car back to the apt.

We left the apt at 7pm and the elevator went up instead of down.  On the 8th floor a young girl got on with her mother.  I looked at her and she was looking at me.  I said “hi” and she said “hi’.  I asked her if she was studying English in school and she said ‘yes’.  Teresa then talked to the mother and I understand she promised that I would help her preparing for her English tests.

We walked to the corner where we quickly caught a taxi, picked up MT a couple blocks from her apt and went to Antica Pizza.  We each had a slice of pizza, Teresa had another and we each had a drink.  I checked my Cine Colombia app and it appears Yesterday is only playing at Oviedo mall.  Hopefully, they will update the appt tomorrow with more locations.  I think the waitress goofed as she returned 22mil in change from my 50mil.

We were back at the apt by 8:30.

6,373 steps today.

Joke of the day
A guy goes over to his friend's house, rings the bell, and the wife answers. 
"Hi, is Tony home?" 
"No, he went to the store," she replies. 
"Well, you mind if I wait?" 
"No, come in." 
They sit down and the friend says "You know Nora, you have the greatest breasts I have ever seen. I'd give you a hundred bucks if I could just see one."
Nora thinks about this for a second and figures what the hell - a hundred bucks. She opens her robe and shows one. He promptly thanks her and throws a hundred bucks on the table.
They sit there a while longer and Chris says "They are so beautiful I've got to see the both of them. I'll give you another hundred bucks if I could see the both of them together."
Nora thinks about this and thinks what the hell, opens her robe, and gives Chris a nice long look. Chris thanks her, throws another hundred bucks on the table, and then says he can't wait any longer and leaves.
A while later Tony arrives home and his wife says "You know, your weird friend Chris came over."
Tony thinks about this for a second and says "Well did he drop off the 200 bucks he owes me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment