Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Monday, September 9, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once during the night, again at 6am, finally getting up at 7am.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  My back was feeling pretty good so I didn’t take any pills beforehand.  Because of my sore shoulder I skipped a few of my exercises, finishing the rest in about 90 minutes.

Teresa called me just before 1pm and asked me to meet her for lunch.  I changed clothes and met her at Asados Rogelio for the menu of the day.

After lunch we walked back to the apt.

I left again just after 2pm and took a bus to downtown Envigado.  At the copy center I had some chess notes printed and had a copy made of my cedula at Teresa’s request.

At my usual ATM they only allowed a small withdrawal but at my backup ATM I was able to get the maxiumum.

At the Claro office I paid my cellphone bill.  This time I paid with my credit card and even though I asked to pay in pesos they still charged me in dollars with the additional 3.5% fee added.  Sigh!
This month I paid twice as much as last month because I probably tripled by GB usage this month.

I caught a bus back to the apt and soon I realized I forgot to pay the utility bill.   Oh well, it’s not due for a few days yet.

Teresa changed her mind about going to Mayorista today, now it will be Wednesday.

Teresa asked me if there are any good movies out.  I suggested It: Chapter 2.  She called her mother and I think we’re going to the 8pm showing tonight.

We left the apt at 7pm and walked to the mall.  At the entrance to the mall MT had yet to arrive so I asked Teresa to wait for her while I went to buy tickets.

In Cine Colombia I bought 3 preferred seating tickets to It: Chapter 2 (7.1) for 12mil each.  Teresa and MT soon joined me and we went into the Platinum room where we were the only customers.  Teresa ordered chicken nuggets and mozzarella sticks that arrived right at 8pm as we were leaving for our seats.

The movie is 2 hours and 49 minutes LONG!  Whoever wrote that movie had quite an imagination.  An hour into the movie I went to the concession area where I bought a small popcorn and medium Coke.  I thought the ending was too simplistic.  We had seats in the back row and there were only about 4 other people sitting quite a ways away from us.  Incredibly, the ladies talked throughout the entire movie!

After it ended we walked outside Home Center where we quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

11,360 steps today.

Joke of the day
An 80-year-old woman was arrested for shop lifting. When she went before the judge he asked her, 'What did you steal?' 
She replied: 'a can of peaches.' 
The judge asked her why she had stolen them and she replied that she was hungry.
The judge then asked her how many peaches were in the can. She said she stole six.
The judge then said, 'I will give you six days in jail.' 
Then the woman's husband spoke up and asked the judge if he could say something.
He said, 'What is it?' 
The husband said 'She also stole a can of peas.'

No comments:

Post a Comment