Saturday, August 26, 2023

Friday, August 25, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, woke up at 6:45 and got up at 7am. 😊

4 days and counting!

Today I received an email from Aegean Airlines offering to upgrade each of our flights for €170. That would be €170 x 2 (people) x 2 (flights) for a total of €680 or $735. Nah, ain’t going to happen.

I received an email from Booking.com that our stay at Helen will be charged €80 by midnight tomorrow, Greece time. That gave me time to switch debit cards from USAA to Capital One.

I left the apt at 8:45 and walked to the mall. No Gente newspapers. I completed my usual workout in Smartfit. After, I went just outside to Recifes where I had a traditional manicure and pedicure for 66mil ($16). That took about 40 minutes.

Downstairs I was having a latte in Urbania when Teresa arrived 45 minutes later. She had a tinto while I made a trip to the restroom.

We left about 11:30 and took a taxi to our portero where I dropped off my gym bag and she a dress she had altered. We continued on to Complex Los Balsos where she found a pair of shoes at a large discount for 90mil in a store called Tarch. In Valentina’s Bakery we shared a bowl of beet soup and a delicious chicken sandwich. With her latte and my limonada de coco and 10% tip the total came to 77,137 ($19). This was the first time I paid for something with my Capital One debit card and all I had to do was tap it to the card reader and it printed my receipt. No pin code needed.

At 2pm we took a Didi back to the apt. I tipped the driver 1,500 pesos (using the app) because he had air conditioning on.

The charge for Helen came through and the €80 came out to $86.75.

Teresa had a massage from 3:30 to 4:30.

I finished season 5 of Justified (8.6).

Tomorrow morning and early afternoon Teresa will be busy getting her eyebrows and eyelashes done. I’ll be getting my haircut, picking up my medications and the Bears game is at noon.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



 

1 comment:

  1. Hola, Terry. Have you seen/heard about the scorching weather and the wildfires in the Athens area?? As a precaution you might want to pick up some N95 masks. Doctors are recommending people wear them outside in the areas the smoke from the Candian wildfires are affecting. Have a safe and fun time on your trip.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete