Sunday, August 20, 2023

Saturday, August 19, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, finally waking at 5am and getting up at 5:30. After breakfast I went back to bed at 6:30 and woke up at 8am.

I left the apt at 8:45 and walked to the mall, wearing my new sandals so my feet will get accustomed to them. I recycled a few things, checked for a Gente newspaper (nope), went up to Bancolombia and the girl at the entrance gave me the BIC/SWIFT code of COLOCOBMXXX. I expected some numbers in there but what do I know, and I remember she said “letras”, so I guess this is correct.

I bought a blueberry muffin in Starbucks and ate it in Urbania with a latte.

I left about 10:30, picked up my altered pants for 11mil and returned to the apt by taxi.

I emailed American Airlines the banking information.

Teresa and I left at 11:15 and stopped in the esthetical medical office across from Asados Rogelio. The consultation only cost 50mil and Teresa said she has to get permission from her oncologist, Dr. Ossa, before he will do the procedure she has in mind.

Across the street we had lunch in Asados Rogelio. Tierra Querida, the next-door burger place, was playing some annoying music quite loudly. Teresa forgot to bring her keys so I walked her back to the apt.

I left again and had a latte in Los PorteƱos. Today was the birthday of one of waiters so I got to hear them sing Happy Birthday to him, which is a little different than the way Americans sing it.

I left at 4pm, stopped in Eduardo Madrid but no bagels and returned to the apt.

I opened one of the 2 12oz bags of salted-in-the shell peanuts Jack and Arlene gave me and they were still fresh. I finished 1/3 of a bag while watching the Chicago Bears lose to the Indianapolis Colts 24-17 but UDFA QB Tyson Bagent looked good once again, probably moving himself up to the 2nd QB position.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment