Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Monday, August 7, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, waking/getting up at 5:45am.

Today is a holiday, Battle of Boyaca, which I understand was a pivotal battle in ridding themselves of Spanish rule.

I’m watching the FIDE World Cup (chess) on my computer while waiting for Teresa getting ready. Looks like it’s going to be closer to 8am. What she doesn’t know is I need an hour after eating before I can begin my workout.

We left the apt at 8:15 and the streets were eerily quiet either because of the holiday or Colombians were up late last night celebrating.

We had croissants, eggs, and lattes for breakfast in Los Porteños for 79,322 ($20). I asked her about the linen clothes I found and she prefers the dark blue jacket with beige trousers, white shirt (t-shirt?) and moccasins.

Teresa’s private trainer isn’t working today so she left to buy some fresh vegetables in Ara. There was a family from New Jersey sitting at a table nearby; they leave in a couple of days for Bogota.

I left just before 9:30 for Smartfit where I completed my usual workout plus managed the treadmill for 4 minutes today. On my way out I stopped at the front desk and inquired as to the meaning of I.M.C. from the Smartfit app. It’s Indice Masa Corporal and they even translated it for me to Body Mass Index (B.M.I.) which was as I suspected.

On my way out a woman said “hi” and asked about Teresa. She looked familiar but I couldn’t place her name. I told her Teresa isn’t going to the gym today.

Teresa showed me a dress she bought in Jardin Botanico yesterday for 80mil ($20). I like it so now she has a choice of 3-4 dresses to choose from for the wedding.

An update on the lemon situation for my tea. I’m only about halfway through the first of 2 lemon juice bottles my brother gave me and I’m still on the first of the 2 whole lemons I bought in Exito. I don’t even try to squeeze juice out of them anymore, I just cut off a small piece of the peel about the size of a pinky fingernail.

I left the apt at 2:30 and had a latte in Los Porteños while continuing with the travel notes in my notebook. I’m just about up to the cruise.

After 52 moves my game vs Troyclough ended in a draw. I had a queen but if I captured his pawn to prevent it from queening it would be stalemate.

I purchased and downloaded a couple Nook books to read on the plane rides.

I finished season 3 of Justified.

The Chicago Bears first preseason game is this Saturday at noon against the Tennessee Titans.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



 

No comments:

Post a Comment