Friday, August 18, 2023

Thursday, August 17, 2023

I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking at 6am and getting up at 6:30.

I screwed up again. I hadn’t heard from American Airlines about my clothing reimbursement request so I checked my blog and found I submitted it on June 4th. I checked my emails and they approved it the same day but it was only good for the next 15 days. ☹ They also wanted Colombian bank information to deposit the 746,471 pesos into an account. I sent them an apology email but I doubt it will matter.

Opening today in Cine Colombia:

Blue Beetle – No!

Hablame aka Tell me aka Talk to Me (7.4) – Maybe.

Hospital Sangriento aka Bloody Hospital aka American Carnage – No!

I met Marcos at Parva at 9:30. He gave me directions to Parque Returno in Madrid. We also talked a little Cardinals and Bears football. I left about 11am and bought 2 bags of milk on my way back to the apt.

About 12:10 I felt my recliner sway for about 30 seconds and I announced to Teresa we have a trembler. It happened again about 20 minutes later. Teresa seems to be terrified every time it happens but I think it’s kind of cool.

If I want to have coffee for breakfast I need to go to Mercado Madrid and buy a new jar. I had a latte at Cannell in the strip mall for a couple hours. At one point a car drove up and broke the beam and the automatic gate went up but for some reason he didn’t driver under it. A guy with a bicycle “store” came by and the driver told him to go ahead. They exchanged words and the driver then called to a security guy who I couldn’t see. In the end the driver backed up and pulled forward again until he broke the beam again and then he was able to leave.

I bought a jar of instant coffee in Mercado Madrid on my way back to the apt.

I finished reading John Green’s Turtles All the Way Down.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment