Friday, August 18, 2023

Thursday, August 17, 2023

I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking at 6am and getting up at 6:30.

I screwed up again. I hadn’t heard from American Airlines about my clothing reimbursement request so I checked my blog and found I submitted it on June 4th. I checked my emails and they approved it the same day but it was only good for the next 15 days. They also wanted Colombian bank information to deposit the 746,471 pesos into an account. I sent them an apology email but I doubt it will matter.

Opening today in Cine Colombia:

Blue Beetle – No!

Hablame aka Tell me aka Talk to Me (7.4) – Maybe.

Hospital Sangriento aka Bloody Hospital aka American Carnage – No!

I met Marcos at Parva at 9:30. He gave me directions to Parque Returno in Madrid. We also talked a little Cardinals and Bears football. I left about 11am and bought 2 bags of milk on my way back to the apt.

About 12:10 I felt my recliner sway for about 30 seconds and I announced to Teresa we have a trembler. It happened again about 20 minutes later. Teresa seems to be terrified every time it happens but I think it’s kind of cool.

If I want to have coffee for breakfast I need to go to Mercado Madrid and buy a new jar. I had a latte at Cannell in the strip mall for a couple hours. At one point a car drove up and broke the beam and the automatic gate went up but for some reason he didn’t driver under it. A guy with a bicycle “store” came by and the driver told him to go ahead. They exchanged words and the driver then called to a security guy who I couldn’t see. In the end the driver backed up and pulled forward again until he broke the beam again and then he was able to leave.

I bought a jar of instant coffee in Mercado Madrid on my way back to the apt.

I finished reading John Green’s Turtles All the Way Down.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment