Monday, August 28, 2023

Sunday, August 27, 2023

 Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, woke up again at 5am, couldn’t fall back asleep so I got up at 6am, worked on the computer, went back to bed at 6:45 and got up by my alarm at 7:30.

2 days remaining before our trip.

Uh-oh. I blundered my queen against Mr_Blamo. That’s going to end up costing me a bunch of points.

I turned on the hot water faucet in the kitchen and heard the on-demand heater come on but no hot water came out. Same when I took my shortened shower.

Teresa wants me to meet her at Santafe mall around 12 or 12:30 so she can buy some new shorts.

I left the apt at 8:20 and walked to Sao Paolo Plaza. I ordered a latte and an almond croissant and Glenn soon arrived with Bianca. His gastroenterologist hasn’t found out what’s wrong with him so he’s looking for a new doctor. Later I had calentao with scrambled eggs and another latte.

He left about 11am and I stopped in Carulla and bought a tube of Spf cream. Teresa texted me and asked me to order a Didi for her and then told me she couldn’t find it. Across the street it was a short wait for a taxi to take me to Santafe mall. Teresa told me she finally found her car.

I stopped at the Davivienda ATM and made a withdrawal. 

This is the decoration currently in the atrium:



I had a latte in Todo Fresa on the first floor while waiting to hear from Teresa. I finally found her about 12:30 outside Vin & Gretta having a salad. She was concerned she wouldn’t find something like this to eat in Europe. I told her all restaurants have salads. She told me she wanted a Crepes & Waffles and I told her we’re not wasting our time hunting for a franchise restaurant. Darned if Google didn’t find a Crepes & Waffles somewhere in Madrid. We visited a few stores and she finally found a pair of shorts she liked in Falabella. While she was getting a pedicure repair I had a lasagna mixta and a strawberry juice in Olivia’s for 54,957 pesos ($13). Later we shared a latte in Starbucks then returned to the apt by taxi.

About 4:45 we felt a tremor.

Teresa helped me choose shorts and tops for our trip and we started packing my suitcase.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts




 

No comments:

Post a Comment