Monday, August 7, 2023

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once at 4:45, gave up getting back to sleep at 5:15, got up and did some work on the computer, returned to bed at 6am, finally fell back asleep, waking/getting up by my alarm at 7:30.

I got hot water for my shower but it only lasted about 5 minutes.

Teresa is going to take her mother to Jardin Botanico today so I’ll be on my own for lunch. I’m thinking of going to Philly Steaks not having been there for quite some time.

I left the apt at 8:20 and in Smartfit got on their scale but didn’t know how to save it to my Training app. I asked the receptionist for help and she had me download a different app called Smartfit. She walked me through setting it up and recorded my weight as 81.9kg (180#) and my BMI (I think that’s what it is)  as 24.7.

I continued on to Sao Paulo where Glenna and Bianca were waiting for me in Olivenza. Glenn has an appointment in a couple of weeks with a gastroenterologist to go over his MRI results.

Chuck sighting: Glenn said he saw him outside Euro using a walker and he looked a lot older.

I walked back to the apt.

I’ve been getting emails from MagicJack that my subscription is about to expire. I called and asked why I see 2 MagicJack Homes listed on my account. Apparently, I bought a first device but never received it and later I bought another which expires tomorrow. I renewed it for 3 years for $109 (plus handling and taxes) so I’m good until 8/7/2026.

I left the apt at 1:30 and ordered a Didi to Hija Mia Nomada. The driver couldn’t go down the last street because it was closed for some type of block party. There was a stage with live music set up on the corner between Hija Mia and Philly Steaks.



I took a seat outside Philly’s and ordered a Philly Steak, fries and a Coke.



A woman came by with her young daughter looking for change and I gave her 2mil.

I saw a man take a half-eaten slice of pizza out of the garbage and start eating it.



I was sitting there eating when all of a sudden I got a cramp in my right index finger, hyper extending it a little. I forced it back into place but it happened twice more over the next hour or so.

By 3pm I’d had enough of the loud music, paid my bill and started walking down the street to Calle 10A. I caught a taxi just dropping off a passenger and I had him return me to Envigado.

Teresa called me just before 6pm that she was at her mother’s house.

Glenn texted me, “And, what would you do? Returning from Olivenza this morning, Bianca took a huge poop. As I was reaching into my bag to find a poop bag to pick it up, a woman walking by stepped squarely in the poop. I was tempted to say something, but then I thought that she'll figure it out.”

Troyclough offered me a draw in our latest game but I declined and continued on.

I watched a couple more episodes of Justified.

I went through all my old 34” shorts and none of them fit so I’ll me giving them to charity. Same with my blue jeans.

When Teresa returned she informed me she wants to have breakfast at Los PorteƱos before we go to the gym.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment