Thursday, August 3, 2023

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once during the night, woke up at 5:45, did my Kegel exercises, finally getting up at 6:15.

Since I had breakfast early (about 7am) I should be able to hit the gym early (about 8am) today.

I completed my workout in Smartfit from about 7:45 to 8:30. I managed to do 3 ½ minutes on the treadmill today (3Mph and 10% elevation).

I received a voice mail message from the Citibank fraud department about a questionable charge against my account. They asked me to call them at their main number, press “2” and then “1”.

I called Citibank and immediately got transferred to a representative who asked for my Social Security Number, or Debit Card number or account number. I quickly looked up my account number and gave her that. I’m pretty sure she was Indian so with my tinnitus, slight hearing loss, and her accent I had difficulty understanding her. I apologized and finally asked for an American speaker. I think she tried to tell me she was going to transfer the call but I ended up hanging up and just calling again. This time I got Michelle and for identity verification she called me on my ‘312’ landline.

I learned there are 2 attempted payments of $99.16 each to DAZN. (The past couple of years I’ve had an account with NFL Game Pass. I recently received emails that their service is now DAZN but I didn’t follow-up on them.)

She suggested they contact DAZN as a fraud and then reissue me a new card which can be received by Fed-Ex in 1 day. Of course, that would be to Florida. I asked for a second option. Instead, they will decline the payments and I will deal with DAZN in the future on my own. (They probably have a new website where I am set for automatic renewals.)

Teresa and I left the apt at 10:15 and took a Didi to Jardin Botanico for their annual flower and orchid show.

Here are a few of the flower displays:






It took some time Teresa found 4 dresses in light material for 400mil, one of which appears to be nice enough for the wedding.

At one point I tried to pay for 3 of the dresses but the owner’s card reader said my pin code was incorrect. I went to a Bancolombia ATM and had no problem withdrawing cash with my pin number, although I got a poor currency exchange rate.

We saw this interesting display (same one as last year):




For lunch we had chicken shish kebab with French fries and salad (partially eaten)



And this was the view from our table:



Orchids for sale:



We observed this turtle making its way next to the sidewalk:



We left about 4pm and I suggested we take a taxi from across the street but Teresa wanted a Didi. I ordered one but it never arrived (couldn’t find us?) so after about half an hour we took a taxi home for 28mil.

Teresa was very excited about her new dresses, trying them on with different belts and shoes.

I botched a game against Troyclough and I’m probably going to get destroyed.

It took several attempts but I finally cancelled my DAZN online subscription. It says I am paid up until 8/1/2024 but I hope this morning’s call to Citibank took care of that.

After Troyclough was 11 points ahead and likely to gain more I resigned our game lowering my rating to 1582 and raising his to 1479.

I watched the first episode of season 3 of Justified.

  

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment