Monday, August 14, 2023

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Last night was a strange night. I went to bed at 10pm, took quite a while to fall asleep, got up at 5am, tried to fall back asleep, finally getting up at 6:45.

The owner of Helen in Athens responded to my inquiry that we will be 10-15 minutes from the airport.

I left the apt at 8:20 and walked to Sao Paulo where Glenn soon joined me in Olivenza. He received a check for $1200 from a Western Union class action suit from many years ago. Good for him! Tuesday, he has his appointment with the gastroenterologist to go over the MRI results. He asked for the contact info for my ophthalmologist which I texted him after I returned to the apt.

I first had a latte and an almond croissant, later I had calentao with scrambled eggs.

I walked back to the apt.

I left the apt at 1:30 and had a large latte in Los PorteƱos while going over my trip notes. It appears I didn’t select seats for Aegean Airlines from Athens to Madrid.

At Teresa’s request I bought a pan de queso for her in Aymara before returning to the apt.

I reserved seats 18C & 18D (w/ extra legroom) for our return flight for $44.

One of our porteros stopped by and dropped off our epm utility bill of 372,160 pesos ($94).

Troyclough resigned our game on the 37th move because I was up a bishop with a passed pawn, increasing my rating to 1591 and lowering his to 1487.

I was lying on the recliner thinking about my plans for tomorrow: I’ll go to the gym, take a shower there (because we have no hot water) then stop on the way back to the apt for a latte at … I couldn’t think of the name of the place. I could picture it perfectly but the word(s) just wouldn’t enter my head. I easily came up with “museo de” and then “otra parte” easily entered my head. That’s happened to me before…I simple word I just can’t find in my brain. Part of getting old I guess.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts

 


No comments:

Post a Comment