Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally waking at 6am and getting up at 6:30.

The Weather Channel predicts a high of only 72 degrees today with the chance of rain increasing through the day and most threatening starting about 3pm. Instead of my usual shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt, today I wore my Quechua pants with a regular t-shirt (actually it was what I call my Where’s Waldo? T-shirt because it’s alternating wide red and blue horizontal stripes). I walked to the mall (much heavier traffic than usual).

Jose warned me he was in heavy traffic and would be late and he arrived about 20 minutes later. I showed him my leather chess wallet and my latest game with Troyclough.

I had the French toast with sliced fresh bananas and strawberries.

I had the Black pieces in the first game and I chased his king around trying to checkmate but as usual he slithered away and checkmated me on the 57th move.

I had the White pieces in the second game and forced an endgame where he had 2 weak isolated pawns which I converted into a win when he resigned on his 37th move.

I had the Granolada with a large latte again in Pergamino. Large lattes here get cold too quickly so I’ll try to remember to buy small ones in the future.

News flash: Laura is 99% sure she can make the trip. She has an appointment next Monday with immigration and they should put a stamp in her passport. Now she’s asking me about separate cabins as her boyfriend Peter may join us for the cruise.

In Morph I bought a neck pillow for 81mil. Actually, I got a 15% discount so it was only 69,615 pesos ($17). I returned to the apt by taxi.

Today’s iced tea was the best I’ve made so far. Why, did I put a little more lemon than usual? One of life’s unsolved mysteries.

We had rain in the afternoon and the early evening.

It’s so strange that 2 days ago it felt so summery it didn’t seem like it’d be cold again. Now it’s so cold it’s hard to believe it will be hot again.

For supper I ordered 12 pieces of fried chicken from Frisby.

I checked my Citibank account and $93.87 was charged by DAZN on August 8th.

Troyclough resigned our game increasing my rating to 1595 and lowering his to 1482.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



1 comment:

  1. Terry, a question. You said Laura's boyfriend, Peter may join her on the cruise. Is Laura now divorced??? Yes, I am curious.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete