Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday, December 13th, 2013



Last night I tried several ways to access the NFL Thursday game of the week but my Eset Security denied me access to the sites.

I watched another episode of Lie to Me.

Lat night I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night and woke/got up at 7am.

At 8:15 this morning I headed down to LM and as soon as I set foot on their property I realized I didn’t have my fanny pack with me.  Since I usually carry all my money in there I had to go back and get it and I was back at the mall about 8:45.  I had my usual breakfast at Bunuelo Express for 4,900.  I priced 2 empanadas with meat and 2 Cokes for about 7mil total so I thought I would treat Augusto for lunch if this became another chess marathon.

On my way through Viva I noticed the new kiosk on the landing is complete and they are selling cell phones and accessories.  I can’t tell if it’s name is agua (water) or aqua.

I called Augusto at 9:15 and he showed up at 9:25.  We played 3 games, I won all 3, and at 11:30 he told me he had to leave.  We made another date for next Friday at 9am.

Lunch was the chicken teriyaki for 9,900 at Sarku’s.

It’s been a month since my last haircut and I think I’m due for another soon; maybe Monday?

I see the 6-7 San Diego Chargers beat the 11-2 Denver Broncos in Denver.  Wow!

I checked the new USA movie releases and there isn’t anything I’m interested in.  I checked what’s playing in Medellin and Deadfall (6.2) starring Eric Bana, Olivia Wilde (from the TV series House), Kris Kristofferson, and Sissy Spacek and The Company you Keep (6.2) starring Robert Redford sound interesting.

At 2pm I caught the Circular 302 bus, traffic was heavy again and I got off at Monterrey at 2:50.  At 3pm I bought my ticket for Deadfall for 5mil ($2.63), a small popcorn for 5,900 ($3.11) and a medium Pepsi for 4,500 ($2.37).  I thought it was a good action movie that reminded me a little of Fargo.

After the movie ended about 4:45 I walked up Calle 10 and bought an empanada for 1mil (43 cents) from the stand where they always have a crowd and it’s still hot from being freshly made.  It’s very tasty.  I continued up Calle 10, cut through Parque Poblado and stopped at the MBE office.  
  
They were able to use my Cedula even though I had with me the MBE info they had given me, but no mail for me as yet.

As I was walking back down Calle 10 I saw a man walking from my side of the street into the stopped traffic selling seat cushions.  (This has been on my shopping list for some time.  When I bought my “new” laptop it came with a fan that sits under it and thus raises it up about 2 inches.  I had been using a pillow on my chair to compensate.)  I followed him as he walked down the street and then he walked back up to the stop light.  I finally caught his attention (even though I’ve been told that pointing at someone is considered to be impolite in Colombia) and motioned for him to come over to my side of the street.  So, I bought a pad for my chair for 15mil ($7.89).

I then stopped briefly at another bakery and bought a hot churro for 400 pesos I think it was.

I caught the Circular 303 bus home.  I know I was still on the bus at 6pm because I heard their national anthem being played on the radio.

I dropped off my seat cushion and headed over to LM.  On my way I bought a package of garbage bags from a man for 3mil.  I read from my Nook for a while and then had a small bowl of beans for 3,000 and mango juice for 3,500 ($3.42 total).

Tonight I’m hearing firecrackers again; what’s that all about?  I guess it will be earplugs again tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment