Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday, December 16th, 2013



I went to bed at 11pm, got up twice during the night, woke up at 7am and took 2 Excedrin Migraine and got up at 7:45pm.  Lots of firecrackers (some seemingly very close to me and some very loud) during the night but the earplugs helped a lot to lessen the noise.

About 9:30 I took my sheets and 4 shirts and dropped them off with Gonzolo at the Tinto store.  Again I reminded him that there isn’t any hurry.  I had a coffee there and since I saw (1 liter) bags of milk in their display case I ordered one.  I then saw they had the smaller (200 gram) bags so I asked for one of them.  She told me she only had it in chocolate but I saw some others and asked for one of those.

Back at the apartment as I poured it on my cereal I saw it was thicker than milk – either it was bad or – yes, I think it was yogurt.  So I had a very healthy breakfast – cereal with yogurt; not too bad.  I finally finished the Fitness cereal; did I really buy it back on November 1st?

I ordered the Synergy Spanish lessons on sale for $67 to augment my Rosetta Stone lessons.

I left the apartment at 11:55 and caught a Circular 302 bus for Los Molinos after a 5 minute wait.  Instead of my usual stop I got off one stoplight later.  As I suspected it took me to the south end of the mall.  As I walked through the Exito Express I got a bonus – it was cool because of the refrigeration.  I took 2 escalators up and as I expected I was right outside the theater.  

Surprise, the cashier spoke English.  I bought a general seating ticket to The Company you Keep starring Robert Redford for 8,500 pesos.  I saved 2mil by not purchasing a prefferred seat and I was the only one in the theater (at 12:23) for the 12:30 show.  I bought a medium popcorn for 8,900 and large soda for 5,100 for a total of $7.37.  I justified the larger sizes because that’s going to be my lunch.  The movie was good but not date material.

As I left I stopped and spoke to the cashier about their Cine Colombia discount card.  She said it costs 6,500 to purchase the card, you put 30mil on it that you can use for discounted purchases and it’s good for one year.
Los Molinos also has a Xtreme 5D Simulator on the same floor as the theater that costs 7mil with a choice of 15 rides.

I stopped at Nova Zhen and inquired about my barber, Juan, and as I suspected he isn’t working today.

I caught a Circular 303 bus back to the apartment.

3:30pm and I just heard a few more firecrackers going off to the south.
The author of Medellin Living tells what he misses about Medellin when he’s visiting other countries.  This will be a separate posting.

It’s time for some football!  Tonight at 8:40pm it’s the 7-6 Baltimore Ravens at the 7-6 Detroit Lions.  Go Ravens!  At 7:30 I’ll be leaving to see the game at Patrick’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment