Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday, December 6th, 2013



Last night I went to bed at 11pm and woke up at 1:30.  I couldn’t stop thinking about my upcoming Social Security call and my concern that my address is in Medellin but I want a Benefits Letter sent to a Miami Fax number.  I finally got up, took out the folder that my documentation is in and found my most recent letter from them.  It isn’t dated but it has Reina’s address on it.  Hopefully I can change the address also.  I went back to sleep about 2:30 and woke up at 7:45.  

I called Augusto and changed our meeting to play chess from 9am to 10am.  I called SS and they said I would be on hold for appr. 29 minutes.  I called James to ensure he would be available.  He told me the other client called yesterday and they didn’t require a confirmation number so I might not need him to be standing by.

About 30 minutes later I requested a Fax to be sent to me at the Miami number.  I called James and alerted him to have them watch for it.  The SS representative told me the fax didn’t go through but he didn’t know why.  I did get him to change my mailing address from Reina’s to my Mail Box etc. address in Miami but he couldn’t put the code numbers ahead of my name so he put them on the 1st line of the address so I hope that’s sufficient.

I made arrangements with James for me to call back around 4pm.
I bought a banana and got to LM about 10:15 and Augusto was waiting for me.  Between then and 2:15 we played maybe 11, 13 games and he only won the 2nd when I made one bad move putting my king in danger.  Around noon I ordered a small potato salad and medium Pepsi from Frisby for 8,600 pesos ($4.53) and that seemed to take ok.  After August left I stuck around until 3pm and had another small potato salad and small Pepsi for 7,700 pesos ($4.05) from Frisby and read a little more from my Nook book.

Back at the apartment I remembered I forgot to add more time to my cell phone so I could call James.  I stopped at the corner store and added 5mil to my account and also bought a banana across the street.

A few minutes later I called Social Security and was told the estimated wait time was 1 hour and 15 minutes.  I talked to James and we agreed to give up on today and I would email him on Sunday and we would agree to a time for me to try again Monday morning.

I checked the new US movie releases and I don’t see anything I’m particularly interested in.  I also checked films playing in Medellin and I don’t see anything interesting.

Reina emailed me that she (and her mother and grandmother) is sick with a virus (vomiting & diarrhea) so she won’t be joining me for the game tonight.

I emailed her this flyer for a tour of Medellin’s Christmas lights and told her if she’s interested she can make a reservation for both of use.


No comments:

Post a Comment