Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday, December 9th, 2013

Last night I watched another episode of Lie to Me.

I received an email from James Lindzey – my lawyer – notifying me that 10am-11am Monday would be best for him for me to contact Soc. Sec. so he can assist me with the Fax.

I went to bed at 11pm, woke up once at 3am, and woke/got up at 7am.   (I heard minimal firecrackers but once again I had my ear plugs in.)

I walked down to the bakery across the street from the hotel and had a café con leche and, something new, a roscón.  (Per wikipedia, Roscón is a sweet bread ringed dessert filled with guave paste.)  It was a little dry so I dipped it in my coffee.  It probably would have been better had I asked them to heat it up for me.  I stopped at the corner store and bought a bag of skim milk.  Part 2 of my breakfast was a bowl of cereal.

It’s an unusually cool morning – only 66 degrees at 9:45am.

I reached Soc. Sec. at 9:20 and was notified it would be a 1 hour wait so I emailed James to let him know.  At 10am the Soc. Sec. Representative came on the line, faxed my Proof of Income letter, James confirmed it was received and by 10:15 I was done.  Excuse me Staples, but “that was easy”!

The representative mentioned I could set up an account with Soc. Sec. and in the future I could print the Proof of Income letter myself from the internet.  I checked the Soc. Sec. site and in order to “Create an Account”:
You must be able to verify some information about yourself and:
  • Have a valid E-mail address,
  • Have a Social Security number,
  • Have a U.S. mailing address, and
  • Be at least 18 years of age.
Regarding their 3rd point, I can give them a U.S. mailing address – my brother’s – but they probably mean my address has to be a U.S. mailing address.  TBD.

Margarita emailed me and confirmed receipt of my rent check.

I just figured out that James Lindzey is Colombia Gringo on the Colombia Expat forum.

I got an email from Reina that for tomorrow’s tour they need half payment by 5pm tomorrow.  She’s going to borrow the money from her sister, go downtown and pay the tour lady and I’ll reimburse her tomorrow.

Lunch was a waffle using the milk left over from breakfast.  It wasn’t too bad using the skim milk but I think whole milk would have been better.

At 4pm I was at Paisa Pan having coffee and a sugar donut with arequipe inside.  The waitress confirmed it is really called a churro; so I guess I’m wrong it isn’t just Mexicans who have churros.

Tonight I’m going to Patrick’s for Monday Night Football.  I think I’ll try something different to eat this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment