Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday, December 8th, 2013



Last night I watched an episode of Lie to Me.  I also finished Fabric of Man; it was interesting and the editing problems didn’t really detract from the story.

I downloaded my next read The Doomsday Conspiracy by Sidney Sheldon (1992).  His only attempt at science fiction, here is Amazon.com’s summary of the book: “When a mysterious weather balloon crashes to earth in the Swiss Alps, the head of the NSA handpicks Robert Bellamy to track down and identify the ten known witnesses to the event. A man whose obsession with his covert assignments has cost him the only woman he can ever love, Bellamy now faces the impossible. But as he searches for clues from Rome to Budapest to Texas, this mission blows up in his face -- and rips the lid off an incredible conspiracy that stretches around the globe and even into space..”

I went to bed at 11:15, got up twice during the night and finally woke/got up at 8:15.  And yes, there were intermittent fireworks and firecrackers going off all night.

On my way to LM I noticed they are building some kind of fancy desk/kiosk on the landing between the main and lower levels of Viva mall.
I had the breakfast special at Bunuelo Express then stopped at Exito and bought a new package of air fresheners for 17,500 and a 2-pack of Oral-B soft toothbrushes for 6,530.

I’m going to use my Wing Zone coupon this afternoon to watch the Detroit Lions (7-5) at the Philadelphia Eagles (7-5) game, hoping to see the Lions lose.   

I took a nap from 11am to noon.

I walked down to Wing Zone and they scanned the channels for about 5 minutes before declaring that they couldn’t find the game on Fox.  As they were scanning I didn’t see any NFL games so I don’t have much faith in them anymore.

I walked up a block and across the street to Sport Wings where they put my game on right away.  (While I was there I met David, about my age, who was visiting from Tampa Bay.  The Miami Dolphins fan was there also.)  The game was played in a blizzard in Philadelphia with Detroit up 8-0 at the half.  It started raining here about 3:20.  Finally, Philadelphia scored 28 points in the 4th quarter to win 34-20.  So, if the Bears win tomorrow they will be tied with Detroit at 7-6.

I had their small hamburger and 2 Cokes for a total of 25,404 ($13.37) pesos and I left an extra 2mil tip.  

I waited for about 5 minutes for the bus and finally decided it wasn’t raining very hard so I walked home.

I’ve decided I don’t want to just see half the Bears game tomorrow night I want to see the whole thing so I’ll be off to Patrick's.  At least since the game is on ESPN I shouldn’t have any transmission problems.

At 6pm I walked over to Fresco Pan and had my usual coffee and a slice of ham & cheese pizza.  I noticed the church was overflowing tonight and there were a lot of those paper bags sitting just outside the main entrance (maybe 10’ x 10’ space filled with them).  At 6:45 church seemed to let out so I said goodbye and left the bakery.  By the time I got across the street it was obvious there was some type of ceremony in front of the bags that now contained lit candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment