Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday, December 14th, 2013



Last night I finished Sidney Sheldon’s Bloodline.

My next Nook book is Body of Evidence by Patricia Cornwell.

I went to bed at 10:15, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:30 and got up at 7:30.

I had breakfast at the hotel and since the wait staff are now wearing Santa Claus hats with their names on them I know the name of the lady I like is Yenny.  I stopped downstairs and found a 65 page booklet entitled Christmas Programming 2013.  It lists all the events in Medellin from December 1st to January 6th.  I picked up an extra one to give to Reina – maybe there’s something special we can do to celebrate the holiday season.  While thumbing through it I did notice there is a Parque del Ajedrez (chess park) in Santa Monica, 2 barrios west of Simon Bolivar.  I’ll have to remember to ask Dario about that.

I see The Company you Keep is playing at Los Molinos at 12:40 & 3:30 so I’ll probably see it Monday and get a haircut while I’m there.

I read a Richard Roeper movie review in the Chicago Sun-Times for American Hustle (IMDB 8.1) that’s being released in the US next Friday.  It sounds like a must see.  At the end of his review he says “This is the kind of moviegoing experience where the credits roll and you immediately want to watch it again to see how all the pieces of the puzzle were put together, knowing what you know now – and there’s a good chance you’re going to enjoy it even more the second time around.”  That’s how I felt after reading Dan Brown’s Inferno, I just didn’t know how to put it in the right words. 
I also came across a mention that Ben Affleck may be directing a movie version of Stephen King’s book The Stand.  It will probably have to be the shortened version.

While sitting in LM going over Bobby Fischer’s games, Augusto stopped by and we started playing.  About 12:30 I excused myself and went over to Bunuelo Express and ordered an empanada and Coke for each of us for a total of about 7mil ($3.68).  About 1pm a beautiful woman came by and I was thinking she might be too young then I saw her 20 something daughter (and the beautiful woman’s husband).  I just can’t figure out ages anymore.
Augusto left about 2:40 and I had won all 6 games.

I have a coupon for chicken wings for 2 at La Brasa Roja and I wanted to see exactly where it was.  I walked down to Avenida Nutibara (aka Transversal 39B) and there it was.  I think Bob and I walked past it before.  Besides the typical Colombian meals and chicken wings they also have chicken with rice and chicken teriyaki.  I tried to ask the young man working there for a menu I could take with me but it didn’t work until he called another lady (manager?) over and she understood.  I think I’ll be trying it out soon.  

Tomorrow my Chicago Bears play my best friend’s team the Cleveland Browns in Cleveland at 1pm my time.  I’m not going to take a chance on Wing Zone, I’ll be heading straight to Sport Wings.

Dinner was solomito again at SanJote in Mall de Laureles.

No comments:

Post a Comment