Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013


I woke up at 6am and got up at 7am.  I walked down to the vendor and bought a much needed banana (strictly for medicinal purposes) and stopped at the Tinto store.  I asked Gonzolo to tell me where the woman is that washes clothes.  He told me to bring my bag of dirty clothes here and he would get it to her later.

I stopped at the Exito pharmacy and bought another month’s supply of Tamsulosin for 40,250 ($21.18).  Then I bought another large box of Dux (like Saltine crackers) for 2,450 ($1.29), a package of Oral B floss for 7,320 ($3.85) and a box of Trident gum for 2,120 ($1.12).  While waiting in line a couple I had never seen before recognized me from playing chess at Mall de Laureles.

After I got everything back to the apartment I grabbed my bag with my bed linens, towels, and 3 shirts.  As I was leaving the building the girl next door said “hello” from her balcony.  I said “hello” and asked “what is your name” and she said “Maria”.  I think kids here may be out of school for the entire month of December.

At the Tinto store I left my bedding for Gonzolo and had a small cup of coffee while reading my Nook book.  While there a middle aged black woman showed up and introduced herself as Beatriz.  I understand that she is the one who will be washing, drying and ironing my shirts.  I told her I would like them to be perfect.  She said they would be good.  I countered with very good and she again repeated good.  I understand the bulk of my other things will be taken somewhere else and I’m not sure if she will be doing it or if she will just be dropping them off somewhere.  I told her there is no hurry and she can return everything next week.

I took a nap from 1:30 to 3pm.  I’ve just been hanging around the apartment eating crackers and drinking water and my digestive system seems to have finally calmed down.

Today I got an offer from the author of Medellin Living emagazine to purchase his Medellin Travel Guide for only $4.95.  I purchased it and am reading it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment