Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tuesday, December 31st, 2013



Last night I watched a documentary I stumbled upon called Hitler: The Double Headed Eagle on Netflix. 

I put in my earplugs, went to bed at 10:45, got up once during the night, woke up at 7:45, and must have fallen asleep again because I finally woke/got up at 8:25.

I walked up to Carrera 84, over to Calle 35 and down to Panaderia Los Mejores where I had my usual coffee and croissant for $1.  Damaris wasn’t there; I think this is her 2nd shift week.  On the way back to my apartment I stopped at the corner stand and bought a banana for 200 pesos (11 cents).

I forgot to mention that they pounded out that metal garage door so they can use it again.

I checked my USAA account and 2 of my small pensions have been deposited in my account.  Yeah!  

I went to www.google.com and it says “Feliz año nuevo”.  I ran the IP Changer, went there again and now it says “Happy New Year”.  Lol.

About noon I left the apartment.  On the way down the street, for the 2nd time I saw this blue bird attacking a 2nd story window.  I don’t know if there’s something on the other side its trying to get at or it sees its own reflection.

I stopped at the corner vendor and bought a slab of pineapple for 1mil.

I was getting real hungry so at 2pm I ordered the Solomito from SanJote for 16,500 ($8.68).  Five minutes later Dario showed up.  I gave him 2 of my Chess Life magazines to look at while I waited for my food.  40 minutes later it finally arrived and I was finished eating by 3pm.  As I was taking the pieces out of the bags one of the black bishops came apart.  For the time being I just put a toothpick between the 2 halves to kind of keep it together.  
 We played 2 games until 5:10; he won the first and I won the 2nd.  In the 2nd game he resigned because he thought I had trapped his queen but I showed him how he could have saved her.  Before he left he mentioned he’s going to have another chess tournament in February.

I stopped at the Viva food court and at 5:20 they were closing the restaurants.  I confirmed at Burger King that they will be open tomorrow.

On the way back I picked up a kilo of strawberries for 3mil.

Back at the apartment I have some Loctite (like superglue) but it apparently had all dried out.  If Exito is open tomorrow I’ll buy another one then.

I checked my cash on hand and I have 600mil so I need to borrow 380mil ($200) from next month to pay off my Visa expenses.

I wonder what time the noise is going to start tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment