Saturday, August 12, 2023

Friday, August 11, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6am. We had a little rain overnight.

Teresa informed me I’ll be on my own for lunch. After gym class, she has to get her hair fixed, visit the agency about our hot water problem, and I forget what else. Teresa has a 6pm appointment but about 3pm we’ll go to Los Molinos to look for my clothes. Assuming we don’t find anything today, after breakfast tomorrow we’ll go to El Tesoro.

I left the apt at 8am and walked to the mall, completing my Smartfit workout in the usual 45 minutes. I realize now I made a math error, Km to Miles is 2/3 so 4 ½ (not 4) Km equals 3 miles so next week I’ll have to set the treadmill to 4.5 instead of 4. This is also the end of a 2-week line in my notebook so I’ll be increasing the weights next week a tad on a few of my exercises.

I paid our cellphone bills in Claro.

I had a latte in Urbania where I found another waitress that speaks a little English. She appeared happy to be able to practice it a little but I could tell she was struggling.

I discovered a button on Chess.com 😊 that takes me to a list of chess tournaments currently in progress. There was one in Thessaloniki, Greece so I followed a few games for a while.

For lunch I had the medium BBQ roast beef sandwich combo for 32,600 pesos in Only Roast Beef.

In Exito I bought a large carton of eggs, a large box of Man Pads and 2 bags of milk. (I noticed they still have a stack of lemons (limón amarilla importada).  With my tech and gym bags I certainly had my hands full returning to the apt by taxi.

I received a text message and email that a World Remit transfer of 2,825,016 COP ($713) is ready to be picked up at Bancolombia but when I logged into my World Remit account there was nothing there. Not surprising!

Teresa left me a voice mail that her doctor wanted to change her appointment to 8pm so she just cancelled it. So we’ll be going to El Tesoro tomorrow after breakfast, or at least before lunch.

Teresa called at 6:45 and suggested we meet at Gloria’s for pizza. I ordered a Didi and my driver was wearing a baseball cap with the Chicago White Sox logo. Of course, he didn’t know what it was until I explained it to him.

We had quite a long wait for a seat and then longer for our pizza. As I’ve said before if they make the crust any thinner there will be nothing to hold the toppings. We bought 2 pastries for our porteros before returning to our apt by taxi.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment