Sunday, August 6, 2023

Saturday, August 5, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once during the night, again at 5:15, completed my Kegel exercises, finally fell back asleep, waking/getting up at 7am.

No hot water for my shower this morning.

Teresa told me she’s going to take her mother to Jardin Botanico via the metro. I recommended she take a Didi, I think MT will be more comfortable that way.

I forgot to mention yesterday I made an impulse buy while waiting in line at H&M, a 7-pack of Ankle socks for $12.99 and I’m so glad I did. These are the smallest lightest socks I’ve every owned here. 😊

I left the apt at 9:15 and on my way to Parva I noticed a lot of people wearing hats and heading down the hill towards Ave Las Vegas. I think there will probably be a parade. In Parva I finished “assembling” the luggage tags, reviewed my chess notes, and reorganized more of our trip notes. I returned to the apt by noon and was surprised Teresa was still there. She told me she cancelled her get-together with her mother because of the car parade on Ave Las Vegas and the expressway. Instead, they’re going to meet up with her sister Lydia later.

I left the apt at 1pm and walked to the mall. I first dropped off my terry cloth wrap at La Sasteria of Envigado and they are going to put in new Velcro for 28,000 pesos ($7). They will call me when it’s ready (what could go wrong?).

In Cine Colombia I bought a preferred ticket to the 2:40pm showing of To Catch a Killer (6.5) for 17,500 pesos.

I stopped in a store and asked a girl if they sell linen jackets. She said “no” but recommended I check Patrimo, Mango, and Seven & Seven. I did and I found the following 100% linen items: jacket in MNG for 1,199,000 pesos ($293) and the shirt and pants in Patrimo for less than 200mil ($49) each.





In Decathlon I bought 2 TSA luggage locks for 106mil ($26). I also looked for individual packets of laundry detergent so we can at least wash some underwear while we’re in Europe. I’ve confirmed all of the places were staying in Greece have a washing machine and all except Helen, our last stay, have a clothes iron.

In Home Center I bought a package of 20 plastic clothes pins for 8,900 pesos. 



I’m going to take 2 of them with us to Europe to ensure our bedroom curtains close completely.

Back in Cine Colombia I bought a medium popcorn and large soda for 27,100 pesos ($7). There were about 8 others in the theatre. The movie was pretty good, starring Shailene Woodley, Aaron Rodgers ex-girlfriend.

After the show I bought a bottle of AOX Therapy for Teresa in Linea Estetica for 145,600 pesos ($35).

I love the 1% savings with my new Capital One debit card, but because it’s a Master Card I have to enter my pin with every transaction.

I bought a 6-pack of Coke in Exito and returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa wasn’t back yet so I left again right away and walked to Antonio’s Gelato in La Buena Mesa. I got in a short line and when it was my turn the girl asked for my receipt. So that’s what the other line was for. I got in the other line and paid 9mil for a small cup of gelato. By this time my original line was now twice as long. When it was my turn I asked for a small cup of Oreo gelato. She asked me if I wanted Chantilly (whipped cream) and a galleta (cookie). For a second, I didn’t understand the former so I just asked for the latter. Probably healthier that way anyway.


I noticed another neon sign in the new restaurant Bastard, “I have no name”.

I was sitting at one of the cement tables, almost finished with my gelato, when a pug puts his paws on my arm and is staring at my gelato. I said, “if you think you’re getting any of this you’re crazy”. The owner laughed and said something about it wanting to try. I said, “it ain’t going to happen”. She laughed and they left.

I finished my gelato, returned to the apt, and brought up my black suitcase from the garage.

Teresa had returned and was resting in bed.

I watched another episode of Justified.

I set up the TSA padlocks with my pin number and put them on the suitcases.

Before I went to bed I turned on the hot water faucet in the kitchen but didn’t hear the ‘click’ that would mean the hot water heater was turning on. I switched the heater’s switch to the other direction and tried again. Still nothing. I tried a few more times and finally heard the ‘click’ so I guess now it’s working. 😊 Let’s hope it works tomorrow. It would probably behoove me to try it in the kitchen again before I hit the shower.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment