Friday, August 25, 2023

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, woke up at 5:30 and got up at 5:45. 😊

5 days and counting!

To answer Wanna Move’s question, yes, Laura and Lenny are divorced. (Somehow, I need to teach that woman how to keep a man.)

A change of plans. Teresa wants me to go with her when she goes for her monthly medication. I guess that means I’ll be having coffee while she’s waiting in Clinica Las Americas. Then we’ll have lunch in Arkadia mall, probably Crepes & Waffles.

I was giving myself a “sponge bath” in the cold water of the shower. I turned off the water for a second then turned it back on and darn if 15 seconds later I had hot water. 😊 I turned it off a couple minutes later when the sound changed as I was sure cold water was on the way.

I was lying on the recliner, put the baseball cap over my eyes and fell asleep for 30 minutes. Now I should be good for the day.

I stopped at the Pasteur pharmacy and bought a couple boxes of Colombian band-aids then met Marcos for coffee at Parva at 9:30. He’s excited for me and says it will be a trip we’ll never forget.

My TimeShifter app to help control jet lag starts Sunday and suggests when to have caffeine, take melatonin and how much light to be exposed to.

The Chicago Bears first game of the new season is against the Green Bay Packers at 3:25 (CDST) on Sunday, September 10th which will be 11:25pm in Greece and we’ll be on the cruise ship. I figure the best time to watch the game will be to play a DAZN recording about 48 hours later when we’ll be flying back to Madrid.

Teresa and I left the apt at 10:45 and took a Didi to Clinica Las Americas. The MetroPlus construction around Aguacatala is finished and traffic moved smoothly.

I had a latte in De Lolita café while Teresa was picking up her medicine. This time it went fast and she was out about 30 minutes later. She had a latte and we shared a polito de queso as she was hungry. She told me the clinic is no longer requiring facemasks.

We went to Arkadia mall where Teresa found a nice dress, in the colors of the Greek flag, in Ela for 259,900 pesos ($64).

We had lunch in Crepes & Waffles. I had a bowl of baked onion soup and chicken breast with cheese on a crepe. This is the roof of Pricesmart across the street with all the solar panels installed.



My eyes are very tired; I guess I need 9 hours of sleep every night.

Teresa said her mother was bored so we took a taxi to Viva Envigado to meet her near the entrance. She wasn’t there so Teresa called her. She was waiting for Nydia to arrive so we went to the sasteria where Teresa picked up a couple of altered dresses for 55mil. MT still hadn’t arrived and Teresa was tired so we returned to the apt by taxi.

I turned on the kitchen faucet and heard the on-demand heater come on so maybe it’s working again!? (I have been occasionally playing around with reseating the battery and resetting the switch.)

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



1 comment:

  1. Terry, thanks for the Laura update. I was thinking she had settled into a good life. I hope the best for her.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete