Sunday, August 13, 2023

Saturday, August 12, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once at 5am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I was watching the FIDE Chess World Cup on my laptop live on Chess TV when I scrolled down and found a list of upcoming broadcasts/shows for the weekend. I see Anna Cramling is going to be on tomorrow from noon to 2pm. I also noticed this IRL

http://twitch.tv/annacramling

I guess I could see this if I had the Twitch app? Or if I entered the IRL into google?

I googled Twitch and it said, “Twitch is a video streaming service and platform that allows users to stream and watch live video content, mainly related to gaming, Esports, and other lifestyle topics.”

I went to the Play Store to download it and only saw “OPEN”, not “DOWNLOAD” then I noticed the app was already there; I downloaded it on June 16th.

I found an interesting game in the Women’s World Cup for the opening I play as White and I managed to figure out how to copy it to my ChessBase16 database.

We left the apt at 10:45 and took a Didi to El Tesoro. We went directly into MNG (aka Mango) where I purchased a blue linen blazer (#42), off white linen pants (#36) and a white collarless, sleeveless t-shirt (L) for…drum roll please…1,529,745 pesos ($387). From the prices of $350 and $375 I saw for linen blazers on the internet I knew this wasn’t going to be an inexpensive purchase.

In Valentina’s we each had a latte and shared a delicious chicken sandwich for 71,674 pesos ($18). That also included a bowl of beet soup that Teresa ordered that reminded me a little of Russian borscht.

In Bosi I bought a pair of blue hard sole moccasins that pretty much match the blazer for 399,900 pesos ($101).

Teresa did some more shopping for dresses and almost bought one until I said, “for 600,000 pesos ($150) the dress should be something we really love, without having to think about it”.

Back in Valentina’s we each had a latte and shared a slice of pound cake for 33,215 ($8).

After about our 28th move Troyclough texted me, “this is a draw”, but I replied, “I kind of doubt that”.

I saw that the Chicago Bears beat the Tennessee Titans 23-17. Justin Fields was perfect in his limited time with 3-3 passing, 129 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Teresa checked out a couple more stores with no luck and we quickly caught a taxi back to the apt. On the way we passed a building under construction and Teresa informed me (via our driver) it was going to be the new Pricesmart. I quickly checked a building nearby and we were on Calle 15B Sur. It looks like it is going to create real traffic jams if they don’t put in a traffic light or a bridge or something to alleviate the traffic.

Teresa suggested we have supper in Mu tonight. We left the apt at 7:15 and took a Didi to the restaurant. The ribs were great as usual and the fries…I think they’re the best in Medellin. The bill came to 130,350 pesos ($33). Why is it more expensive than when we have it delivered for 111,000? Here I had a coke and Teresa had a beer and we added a 10% tip. The ribs themselves are only 98mil which means we pay 13mil to have them delivered. I used InDrive after offering 12mil to return us to our apt.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment