Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Monday, August 28, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 5am, couldn’t fall back asleep so I got up at 6am.

I received this text message from Jose’s Whatsapp account: “Hola Terry buen dia soy Maria José esta muy delicado de salud. Esta en uci.” I texted, “Our prayers are with him.” Teresa called and Jose is in the ICU with blood in his lungs. We’ll learn more later.

I left the apt at 8am and walked to the mall. I first recycled a couple Coke bottles. I had the cruise confirmation printed in Auros. I bought a 6-pack of AAA batteries in Exito.

Walking past Starbucks it occurred to me I didn’t have my water bottle with me. I hurried back to Auros and it was still sitting on their counter. I grabbed it and went back to the mall proper.

Upstairs I paid for the apt (no line) and used a consignacion ATM to pay for my health insurance and our Smartfit memberships. I made an ATM withdrawal of 2,000,000 pesos.

In Decathlon I bought another padlock as Teresa had showed me there are 2 sides to her suitcase with separate zippers.

In Smartfit I completed my workout without any problem. I met a gringo from Florida about my age named Clint. He lives on the other side of Parque Envigado and spends 6 months of the year in Colombia and the rest of the year in Costa Rica.

In H&M I found a pair of pants but when I tried them on they were slim fit so that wonn’t work. In Arturo Calle I found a pair of regular fit khaki pants that weren’t too thick so I bought those for 169,900 pesos ($42).

I went to Teresa’s preferred sasteria and requested the pants be shortened but I needed them the next morning. I paid 50mil and the lady said they would be ready in an hour. I went to Urbania and had a latte. I texted photos of my apt rental and health insurance payment receipts. I sent a reminder with details to Bryan, our driver, to pick us up tomorrow at 4:30pm.

Teresa texted she was already in La Bahia and I should have lunch on my own.

I picked up my altered pants and they returned 25mil as they said I was accidentally charged for 2 pairs. I went up to Pergamino and had their Granolada with a small latte.

About 2pm I returned to the apt by taxi.

Laura texted me she received the extension for her green card so she’s definitely going. After that I answered a number of her last-minute questions.

Teresa returned about 3:30. She texted Maria on Jose’s Whatsapp number and asked how he was doing.

Jose called me from the ICU; he said he didn’t want us to worry before our vacation. He said he had a blood clot. He sounded a little off which I guess is normal in his condition but I didn’t get other details as I didn’t want to keep him on the phone for very long.

I received an email from Air Europa and I entered the necessary information for our boarding passes which I’ll print tomorrow morning.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



2 comments:

  1. Terry, I wish you and Teresa a wonderful and enjoyment filled trip. I will be looking forward to updates when you are back in Columbia.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to wish you a safe and wonderful trip with all the great planning you have done. God's blessing for your whole family !

    ReplyDelete