Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once during the night, again at 5:30, did my Kegel exercises and got up at 6am.

We leave for Europe 3 weeks from today.

I left the apt at 7:30 and walked to the mall. I recycled a couple items then waited 5 minutes for Jose to join me. Again, I had Al Alma’s French toast with fresh sliced bananas and strawberries and a latte for 36,100 pesos ($9).

In the first game with the Black pieces I resigned on the 50th move when he was up a bishop with more pawns than I.

In the second game with the White pieces, I checkmated him on the 36th move (a mate in 3) that he said he didn’t see coming.

We had played 2 close, fiercely contested games.

I wasn’t particularly hungry so I just had a polito de queso with a latte in Urbania.

I bought a few things in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

I found this online: “While you do need to have a passport when traveling overseas, special arrangements are made by the large cruise lines to facilitate their passengers’ shore excursions.  These special arrangements eliminate the potential for loss or theft of passengers’ passports while shopping and touring, and eliminate the need for passengers to obtain individual visitor visas from Turkiye.  U.S. citizens do typically need an e-visa to enter Turkiye, but cruise ship passengers are permitted to come ashore without a visa for day visits by special arrangements.”

So, it appears I do not need to buy an e-visa for our excursion to Turkey.

I finished reading David Grann’s The Wager on my Nook.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



 

No comments:

Post a Comment