Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Monday, August 21, 2023

 Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, again at 5:15, couldn’t fall back asleep, finally getting up at 6:15.

Today is another holiday, La Asunción de la Virgen (Assumption of Mary).

I watched the end of a couple games of the FIDE World Cup live in Baku, Azerbaijan.

I left the apt at 8:45 and completed my workout in Smartfit. I showered there (still no hot water at home) and walked to Otra Parte where I had a latte while copying the instructions to enter A Painter’s Home in Plaka into my notebook.

I left about 11am and returned to the apt.

We had some rain and this is the weather prediction for the remainder of the afternoon:




About 1:30 there was a break in the rain and I left at 1:45. I stopped first at Eduardo Madrid but of course it was closed for the holiday. I had a latte in Los Porteños and noted in my notebook places in Madrid that are close by based on the map I had printed. We had more rain and finally about 4pm it stopped and I left. I stopped at Ara where I bought 2 bags of milk, 2 cans of tuna, and a ripe plantain. It was raining lightly when I came out but I was close to the apt so I just put my plastic envelope over my head.

I watched another episode of Justified before Teresa took over the TV for the evening.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



 

No comments:

Post a Comment