Thursday, August 10, 2023

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30.

Dilimar confirmed I do not need a visa for Turkey since my visit originated from Greece and I’m on a cruise.

After gym, Teresa and I are going to have lunch in Viva Envigado then we’ll start buying my clothes for the wedding.

I completed my usual workout at Smartfit.

When I was coming off the elevator at 9am Teresa was just leaving the apt for her gym class.

Because we don’t have hot water, I skipped my cooldown period and hit the shower right away. Standing under the shower head I turned on the hot (only cold) water faucet hoping that the water in the lines wasn’t as cold as the water heading my way. It was a short cold shower.

Change of plans: Teresa informed me that today is MT’s birthday, she turned 86, so we’re going to Bocados Bar tonight to celebrate.

Teresa made lentil soup for lunch.

I left about 1:30 and had a latte in Los PorteƱos while reorganizing the vacation information in my booklet.

Teresa left me a voice mail asking me to pick up a cake at Pepo’s large enough for 6-7 people.

I left about 4pm, bought a Tres leches cake at Pepo’s Cake for 25mil. I ran into what looked like a tour group of about 2 dozen people walking through La Buena Mesa. I couldn’t hear anyone speaking so I don’t know if they were gringos or not.

Back at the apt Teresa suggested I not go tonight because everyone will expect the gringo to pick up the check.

Adriana picked her up about 6:30.

I watched a couple more episodes of Justified.

For correspondence chess you’re supposed to make a move at least every 24 hours. Troyclough’s time ran down and now it says he’s on vacation. Later in the evening he finally made a few moves and I’m now up a pawn.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment