Thursday, August 24, 2023

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

 Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once, woke up again at 2:45, gave up getting back to sleep and got up at 3:15.

I put on ChessTV and was watching JackSarkisian solving chess puzzles. He was stuck on an easy checkmate so I sent him a message, he saw it and quickly checkmated.

I returned to bed at 4:15, took a while to fall asleep, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I received an email from Air Europa, addressed to Teresa, that “one or more of the flights on your upcoming journey is eligible to request an upgrade. Tell us how much you are willing to pay and we will let you know if your offer is accepted before you fly”. I might have made a bid of $50 each if I was assured we would still be seated together.

Teresa informed me that for some reason the toaster doesn’t work so I’ll have to take a look at it later.

A Booking.com charge came through on USAA for $136.68. I think that must be for 2 nights in A Relaxing Beautiful Holiday Home on September 6th through the 8th.

A high of 80 degrees is predicted for today so maybe we’re crawling our way back to warmer weather.

For the wedding, Jeannie is expecting 60 guests from the States and 10 other friends & family from Greece.

I left the apt at 8:45 and completed my workout in Smartfit, this time completing 3 ½ minutes on the treadmill. I showered there and was in Otra Parte by 10am sipping on a latte. I left at 11am and returned to the apt.

Teresa returned at 11:15 with a bit of gossip. Apparently, Doyle, the old gringo from upstairs, got his young girlfriend pregnant. They’re now in the US so the child can be born in America. Smart move on her part.

Tomorrow after gym Teresa is going to Pricesmart with her girlfriend so I’ll be on my own for lunch. Teresa told me her gf says we should exchange Euros for Turkish Lira because things will be much cheaper to buy. We’re only going to be in Turkey for 6 hours so I asked her how many Lira should I get. If I get too few than she can’t buy whatever she wants, if I get too many then I’ll be returning with Lira that are useless in Greece, Spain and Colombia. Besides, Google says most places accept US credit cards.

Then she asks me a stupid question about how can they put 70 hippopotamuses on a plane. I told her to ask Pablo Escobar. 😊

I checked the outlet for the toaster and the Ground Falt Interrupter was tripped so I just pushed the button to reset it and life is good again.

Predicted high for today is 82 degrees with little chance of rain so it looks like we’re getting back to normal.

I left the apt at 2pm. In Eduardo Madrid I found a sleeve of 2 sesame seed bagels. Perfect! I had a latte there for a couple hours part of that time working on the travel notebook. I also worked on setting up the Timeshifter app on my cellphone which is supposed to help with jet lag. I paid 13,500 pesos for my latte and the bagels.

I stopped at the little grocery store and picked up 2 bags of milk. Problem was I was halfway across the street before I realized I hadn’t paid for it. As I turned around a guy was running toward me. I apologized, paid the 7,800 pesos and returned to the apt.

Teresa had a massage from 5pm to 6pm.

I clicked on the Air Europa link and found they considered $460 (per person) a “poor” bid. 😊

On my Rappi app I changed the payment method from COP to USD but I’m not sure that will make much of a difference.

I finished reading The Truth About the Shroud of Turin: Solving the Mystery on my Nook. I first read this eight years ago and decided to read it again. I don’t consider myself particularly religious but I do believe the Shroud of Turin IS the burial cloth of Jesus Christ.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment