Sunday, August 27, 2023

Saturday, August 26, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up twice during the night, woke up at 6:45 and got up at 7am. 😊

No hot water for my shower this morning.

I won another game against Mr_Blamo increasing my rating 1 point to 1596.

I took a Didi to Daniel’s barbershop where I got my final haircut before our trip. I took another Didi to Todo Drogas where I bought my monthly medications, plus loperamide for our trip for a total of 358,500 pesos ($88).

This is what Chuck’s Mart looks like across the street



Next month I’ll ask at Todo Drogas if it’s open and if it is I’ll check it out.

I stopped in Exito and bought a small carton of 18 eggs.

I walked to Parva where I had a café con leche while checking my cellphone. I think I’m going to lose this game to Troyclough. Just before 11am I was about to leave to watch the Bears pregame show when the muchacho gifted me a small piece of pan de queso. I ordered another café con leche to go with it and left about 20 minutes later.

I’ve got the game on Chicago Fox 32 on MTV and for backup, DAZN on my laptop so I’m all set. It’s obvious the Fox 32 broadcast is on a 30-second delay. I finished most of my 1/3 bag of peanuts while watching the Bears lose to the Bills 24-21. As soon as the game ended I ordered 6 BBQ chicken wings from Go Wings.

On DAZN’s NFL Game Pass they had stats, Play by Play plus game highlights.

I ordered 6 chicken wings bathed in BBQ sauce from Go Wings.



My order arrived about 45 minutes later but there were 2 mistakes: 1) not only were the wings not bathed in BBQ sauce but they didn’t even include packages of BBQ sauce (not a problem because I have BBQ sauce) 2) They included an order of fries I didn’t order (no problem, only thing is I’ll be fatter because of it).

I received a message on chess.com from a Coach_84 with a 2450 rating offering lessons on zoom. He’s from Norway (Magnus is that you?) near the Arctic circle and the first lesson with his plan would be 75 euro ($86). I told him I would contact him again after our trip to Europe.

Teresa returned at 7:15 with a box of empanadas. She often refuses to eat what she considers fattening food like hamburgers and pizza but she’ll eat fried empanadas and chicharron. Go figure!

Initially all I saw was is a 5-minute recap on NFL Game Pass but then I found “switch to full event” which is the complete game.

I turned the incendiary switch on the on-demand hot water heater on and off a few times and finally got it to work. Now I just have to remember to check it again tomorrow just before my shower.

 

Twitter ‘Hall of Fame’ Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment