Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday, November 15th, 2013



Last night I watched episode 3 of Lie to Me.

I went to bed at 10:15 but about 10:55 fireworks started going off.  As soon as that stopped it started raining.  (Maybe the rain came first and that stopped the fireworks.)  I woke up at 6:20 to Lionel’s juicer and finally got up at 7:40.

I stopped at the Los Mejores bakery and had my usual coffee & croissant.  I gave Damaris a note asking her to give me the first day, other than today, when she is off work at 1pm and I would take her to lunch.  After I finished my breakfast Jhon showed up.  I told him that the woman that just gave him the change for his breakfast (croissant & Coke) is my new girlfriend.  He talked to her and she said she would be available for lunch tomorrow.  I told him the one next to her is the one I originally was attracted to the most and he told Damaris that he would come also and act as interpreter if the other one came also and she agreed.  What a conniver.  

I walked Jhon back as far as the Tinto store and then crossed over to Viva.  I took some money out of the ATM and as I was walking into Exito I saw a woman sitting on a bench breast feeding her baby.  I paid my bills, walked back over to the other side of the street and took the Circular 302 bus to Los Molinos.  I bought a couple pairs of new gym shoes from Payless but it wasn’t 2-1 like I thought, it was buy 1 and get the lesser pair 50% off.  So they ended up costing me 133,850 pesos instead of 94,900 pesos.

As I was walking down to catch my bus back at Avenida 80 there was a young man standing in the middle of the side street balancing a small bicyle on his chin.

When I got back I stopped at Jhon’s office and he tells me he wants us to go to some place cheap like Likkes so it will only cost him another 7mil.  And he found he has an appointment tomorrow from 1-2pm so he would have to meet us there.  I don’t like how this is going.

I was at my apartment about 11:30 when I got an email from Margarita Montes that there was an American named Frank that would be stopping by to take a look at the apartment upstairs.  About 5 minutes later he shows up in a taxi and I buzzed him in.  He is from Connecticut originally but has spent the last 4 years in Panama and the last 2 years in Colombia.  And he still doesn’t speak Spanish; doesn’t want to learn apparently.  He has a room near UniCentro but is looking for an apartment.

Damaris called me and I figured out she isn’t going to be able to make it tomorrow.  So I guess I’ll see her in about 10 days after her next 2 shift changes.

Martha showed up and showed Frank the apartment upstairs but he didn’t like it because the bathroom wasn’t off the bedroom and there was no air flow.

I took Frank to Jhon’s office and introduced him.  There is an apartment for rent across the street but I don’t think he’s going to like it because the bedroom is so small.

I left them about 1:15, stopped downstairs at Viva, found Gloria and reminded her again about our 2pm lunch date at Mall de Laureles.
I waited until about 2:20 and when she didn’t show up I went back across the street but she wasn’t in sight.  I was having trouble getting a WiFi connection finally I asked the girls at Frisby for the password and they just entered the numbers that are printed on the back of their receipt.  Finally about 3pm I just had a hamburger Combo #3 from Gordog’s.  I didn’t see her either on my way back through the lower level of the mall.  I hung outside Exito until 5pm reading my Nook and checking out the ladies.  I think I’ve decided that it’s the Samsung TVs that are selling the best.
I bought a kilo of strawberries on my way back for my dinner tonight and breakfast tomorrow.

Margarita Montes sent me a picture of herself.  She’s very pretty – and younger than I imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment