Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday, November 25th, 2013



One month until Christmas!

Last night I watched 2 episodes of Lie to Me.

I went to bed at 10:15, got up twice during the night, woke up at 6am and finally woke/got up at 7:45.

I just confirmed an invitation I received via Colombia Expats for Thanksgiving dinner this Thursday at 5pm at restaurant Arriba! Arriba! in the Rio Sur C.C. for 25mil.  Here’s the menu I received:
MENU:         one glass of wine or coctail
                      Turkey
                      Salad
                      Mashed Potatoes
                      Cranberries
                      Stuffing
                      Mud Pie or Helado Frito

Breakfast was cereal with milk I bought at the corner store and what was left over I used to make a waffle for my lunch.

About 1:45 I ran into Gloria on my way to LM and I told her “Tu son tan linda!” but she didn’t understand what I was saying until I wrote it down.
If you want to know what I said you can enter it yourself at http://translate.google.com/
She asked me when I’m going to have ice cream at Mimo’s and I asked her if she wanted to have some with me after lunch on Friday and she pantomimed how fat she would be if she did.  I asked her when would be good for her and she didn’t have an answer for me.  The best I could do is say “later”.

I spent the afternoon at LM reading my Nook and studying Bobby Fischer’s games but none of my chess playing friends showed up.

I spent about an hour with Jhon at the corner store and he told me about an idea he is sending to the mayor of Medellin to try to spur economic activity.  I might have been able to give him better advice if I had a degree in social services.

Dinner was a slice of ham & cheese “pizza” and small café con leche at Fresco Pan for 2mil.

I’m noticing a few more houses with Christmas decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment