Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thursday, November 7th, 2013



Last night I went to bed at 11:30, got up once during the night and finally woke/got up at 6:20.

The workman was here at 7am and the owners about 15 minutes later.  The area he’s working on is a corner near the front door.  He removed a piece of floor trim and then used a cold chisel and small sledge hammer to open the plaster (?) wall to expose the downpipe.  Martha wrote me a message and the best I can figure from Google Translate is that the 3rd floor bathroom had a broken part and they are waiting until a store opens at 8:30 to get a replacement.  I wonder if this is going to take all day.

Breakfast was finishing the box of Fitness Fibra cereal with the milk I bought last night.

I checked weather.com as soon as I got up this morning and it says its 61 degrees.  Of course that depends on the elevation you are at in Medellin.  The higher you are the cooler it is.  We’re only supposed to have a high of 74 today with 60% chance of showers.

The workman put some sealer around the joint of my pipe and about 10:30 Martha said they would come back at 2pm.

I changed into a long sleeved shirt (first time here during the day) to go with my jeans and then found Bob at the Tinto store.  He played some American music on the stores’ sound system.  (Remember, Bob’s girlfriend is the wife’s owner’s sister and he’s gotten to be good friends with Gonzolo so he’s got connections.)

About 12:30 I went to Viva mall and had Sarku’s chicken teriyaki for 9,900 pesos and was back at the apartment by 1:45.

Rosetta Stone is getting more complicated.  This lesson is on grammar and they are starting to cover tenses.  Examples:
I am going to swim – voy a nadar
I am swimming – estoy nadando
I swam – nadé.
I had enough trouble with tenses when I was taking English classes in school, now I have to figure it out in Spanish.  I mean like 1st person plural possessive, and all that crap.

5pm and the workman finally shows up to work on the downpipe.  He patched up the wall and I understand it has to dry before he puts the trim back on tomorrow.  I just don’t know what time he plans on coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment