Saturday, November 16, 2013

Saturday, November 16th, 2013



Last night I checked the new US movie releases and there isn’t anything I’m interested in.  

The only movie that looks interesting that is playing here is Jobs (5.7) at Oviedo at 3:10.  Checking the map I think I could take the Circular 302 bus and just as it starts turning back north I should be able to get off and be right down the hill from Oviedo.  This first time, however, I would catch a taxi from there so I have a much better idea how far up the hill it is.  I have to check Carrefour & Multicine Premium Plaza later because they didn’t have anything listed.  

I watched episode 4 of Lie to Me.

I typed the 2 pages I got from Mail Boxes Etc. into the translator and it looks like Jhon gave me some bad information.  He told me the first address is for packages and the 2nd is for letters.  After going through the translation it appears the first address is for private carriers like UPS, DHL, FEDEX, Airborne Express, etc. and the 2nd is for USPS (they specifically mentioned books).  I already ordered a book to be sent to the 1st address; I just checked and the book is being sent UPS.  Yeah!  I got lucky!

Yesterday, Frank gave me contact information for a lawyer that will help with the Visa/Cedula renewal process for a little over $200 and it will take about 3 weeks.

Cell (301) 337-1881
(034) 444-6634
James@ColombiaVisas.com
I sent him an email so we’ll see how that goes.

I went to bed at 11pm, woke up at 6:40am and got up at 7:40am, feeling pretty good.

I bought a small bag of milk from Salsamentaría Bolivar for my breakfast – granola & strawberries.

I walked down to the laundromat and dropped off my laundry.  I asked to have my 3 shirts ironed and she charged me 24mil for washing and ironing the shirts and 13mil to wash the rest.  That’s about $4 a shirt; sounds expensive for Medellin.

I walked south to Calle 35 looking for a restaurant with Wi-Fi where Damaris and I can have lunch.  (On my way I finally saw the sign for the t-shirt place; it’s called Juanamar #2.)  I found El Plato Fuente Café at Calle 35 #80A-25 in Laureles.  It’s just a block or two east of her bakery.  I talked to a nice man working there and between my poor Spanish and his poor English found out he has Wi-Fi and they serve lasagna, paninis, and waffles with ice cream.  And some other items more Colombian in nature.

I stopped at the Tinto store when I saw Bob there.  He told me: today is a day off for him from Peaches; there is a store outside the Diamonte mall across from the stadium that sells American stuff like Skippy crunchy peanut butter; there is a woman in the neighborhood that does laundry very cheaply and he found her through the whistle guy; his tablet isn’t working.
Jhon told me he didn’t see either Damaris or the other lady at the bakery this morning.  He tells me that in Medellin a woman will spend Saturday with her “main man” and Bob should be concerned that he isn’t with Patricia today.

Today, like the last couple days, has been hotter – in the lower to mid 80s.  I’ve still been wearing jeans and gym shoes but it’s getting more uncomfortable for me.  

I had my dinner about 4-4:45pm in Mall de Laureles.  I had the large shish kebob at Sanjote with a mango juice.  By 5pm I was sitting outside Exito watching everyone walking by.  At 5:15 Beatriz walked by, with the usual scowl on her face, holding hands with a man – of course he was younger than me - and he was wearing a very large backpack.  At 5:45 I finished SkyJack: The Hunt for D.B. Cooper on my Nook so I decided it was time to leave.  I found Jhon in his office working with Diego.  I invited them for a drink and at the corner store I told Diego all the jokes, in English, I could remember.  At one point Jhon told me he saw Beatriz walk by the store – alone.  When I told him I saw her earlier with another man he asked me how I felt about that and I told him I was happy for her.  I told Jhon about his misinterpretation with the MBE printed instructions.  We finally parted about 7:45.

Back at the apartment I downloaded City of Thieves by David Benioff to my Nook..

No comments:

Post a Comment