Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Tuesday, November 26th, 2013



Last night I watched another episode of Lie to Me.

I went to bed at 10:45pm, got up once at 3:15, was awakened by Lionel’s juicer at 6am and finally woke/got up at 7am.

I bought a small bag of milk for my breakfast cereal.

I posted an article entitled Medellin Sheds Cocaine Image to Become Cultural Hot Spot from the latest issue of Medellin Living eMagazine.

The cleaning lady showed up at 9:15 this morning.

My #14 BCS ranked NIU Huskies (11-0) play the Western Michigan Broncos (1-10) tonight at 7pm.  I think I’ll try Wing Zone (across the street and down a block from Sport Wings) and see if they really do have ESPN 2 and see what their menu is like.

While eating lunch with Olga I realized I’ve never put out any salt and pepper for her to use.  I have salt but it’s not in anything other than a bag and I don’t have pepper.  I normally do not add either to my food the only exception being I have popcorn with salt and add it to chicken breast because it is often a little dry.  I guess I’m going to have to buy a salt & pepper shaker and some pepper.  If I remember I’ll check in Exito for the shaker on my way to Wing Zone.

Olga left about 1:40.  She did her usual fine job and even washed 5 t-shirts and hung them up to dry.  All for only 35mil ($18.42). 

About 3:30 I went over to Fresco Pan and ordered a cup of coffee.  I asked how much and the young lady told me 1mil.  I told her I had a problem and gave her the choice of 900 pesos or a 20mil bill.  She took the pesos.

It started raining and even though I had finished my coffee I didn’t want to leave because I hadn’t brought an umbrella with me.  (I’m beginning to think that anytime its overcast I need to take an umbrella because you just don’t know.)

A young man came in and I’m pretty sure what he ordered was “pastel”.  

What he got looked like an apple turnover but I don’t have any idea what, if anything, was inside.  And it’s always possible she told him they don’t have it and he got something else.  I translated “pastel” to “cake” and when I Googled it one of the additional options was “puff pastry” so that fits.
There was a short church service from 4:00 to 4:30 and afterwards a few people came into the bakery.  The bakery only had something like 7 tables with 3 or 4 chairs around each.  Three of them are entirely “inside” and the others are at the edge of the canopy so you can get pretty much inside if you move the tables and chairs.  It started to get a little crowded and it had almost stopped raining so I took advantage of the opportunity to head back to the apartment.

At 6pm I left for Exito and then Wing Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment