Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday, November 10th, 2013



Last night I watched episode 7 of Sleeper Cell.

I went to bed at 11pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 7am, and finally got up at 7:45.  Between when I woke up and when I got up someone in the building, or maybe next door, was pounding with a hammer so I eventually gave up trying to get back to sleep.

At 8:30 I passed the Christian ladies standing on the street corner on my way to the hotel for breakfast.  After breakfast I stopped downstairs where I found a flyer advertising tours of Medellin’s Christmas lights for the month of December.  (I assume it must be by bus which means it could be important which side you sit on.)  It’s 4 hours long, covers 5 different Medellin avenues and the town of Envigado and costs 29mil ($15.26).  The tours depart at 7pm from El Poblado and 7:30 from the Stadium metro station.  That would be something fun to do with a special lady.  (On the back is an advertisement for a City Tour of Medellin for 174mil ($91.58) and a Penol/Guatape Tour for 69mil ($36.32).)

I stopped at Exito and bought another package of pancake mix for 5,840 ($3.07).

My 5-3 Chicago Bears play the 5-3 Detroit Lions today at 1pm (Eastern) for 1st place in the NFC North division.  At the same time Bob’s 2-6 Atlanta Falcons play the 8-1 Seattle Seahawks but I don’t think he’s that interested anymore; plus now he has Patricia to keep himself busy.  

At exactly noon it started raining lightly and it’s getting cooler.  I think it’s going to be too cool for me to wear my Chicago Bears t-shirt.  It’s back to the long sleeved shirts.

I left the apartment at 12:15 ran into Bob briefly and was at Sport Wings by 12:45. I was confident they would be able to find the game and they didn’t disappoint.  Of course, before my game started they were showing a fútbol game.  I noted this was being broadcast by FOX Sports 2 exactly.  There was also a mention of FoxSportsLA.com and I checked it out and it’s all Spanish.  Sport Wings had a sign advertising A/N would be playing on Wednesday night at 7:45.  There was the loud sound of a thump outside and sure enough there was a fender bender right outside the restaurant.  A 4x4 rear ended a taxi.  I had a ½ # burger with fries and 2 Cokes for a total of 28,770 ($15.14).  The Bears lost a heart breaker to the Lions 21-19.  The next 3 teams they play should be easier competition.  

I sat outside Exito from 4:30 to 5pm reading my Nook until I closed it once and when I tried to reopen it it just said “Your Nook is starting up”.  When I got back to my apartment the message hadn’t changed so I plugged it in and hopefully a recharge will fix it.

About 6pm I decided to go over to Fresco Pan for a Café con leche oscuro and a slice of ham & cheese “pizza”.  I took my iPad with me because I wanted to see if I could get a Wi-Fi connection there.  When I got there the place was packed – not a table to be had (there are only about 6 small tables with about 3 chairs each).  Tomorrow is a holiday so everyone was probably taking advantage of the long weekend.  I locked eyes with the young waitress I usually see there and we both understood I wasn’t going to be staying.  I sat down on a stoop at the house next door and opened my iPad but I wasn’t able to get a Wi-Fi connection.

I walked over to Paisa Pan on Calle 44 and told the girl there I wanted a Café con leche oscuro and she said something I didn’t understand.  I showed her my note and she wrote “quien le enseño” on it.  I know “quien” is “who” and “enseño” looked familiar but I couldn’t figure it out at that moment.  Anyway, she brought me the right thing, a cup of coffee with just a little milk.  I didn’t see the ham & cheese pastry I wanted so I took a chance on something different.  It looked and tasted like a large slice of bread with I don’t know what, if anything, inside.  I wasn’t impressed.  I wasn’t able to get a Wi-Fi connection there either.

When I got home I checked Google Translate and “quien le enseño” means “who taught her”.  I wonder what the other waitress will think when she sees that.

I checked the NFL scores and the Packers lost today also.  

Tomorrow is a holiday, just like last Monday, and I want to be sure to be at Fresca Pan between 6 and 6:30 to see if the woman with the white hoodie is there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment