Saturday, November 9, 2013

Saturday, November 9th, 2013



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 6am and finally woke/got up at 7am.  I quickly took my shower so as to be ready should a workman arrive early.

It’s a very overcast morning with a light drizzle.  Just like spring in the States.

Breakfast was a bowl of Fitness cereal and a small package of Galleta con leche cookies I bought from the woman on the crossover bridge.

10:55 and the worker finally arrived.  Over the next hour he spackled the wall area above the trim, repainted it, and replaced the trim.

I created a separate posting with information from the latest issue of Gente - Laureles, the free local newspaper.
 
About noon I fixed myself a waffle with my leftover milk and at 12:45 I found Bob at the Tinto store.  He introduced me to Michael from Canada who just got to Medellin a week ago (although he’s been here before) and he plans to stay for 5 months and then return to Canada for 7 months.  He does chair massages and hopes to do a few here.  Bob mentioned you can take a bus from San Diego C.C. to Rionegro for 11mil.  Bob left after a while and Michael and I talked for quite a while.  Jhon stopped by with Diego and we talked until about 6pm.  I found out that Michael is friends with David and I told him that neither Bob nor I will have anything to do with him.  He mentioned that he was trying to rent a room in his mother’s house but David called him and said “No!” and hung up on him.  Sounds like David.

At 6:30 I walked across the street and had a Whopper and small strawberry milkshake at BK.

About 7:15 I was walking past the corner store when some young man started talking to me in English.  How did he know I speak English?  Lol.  His name is George and he worked in northern NJ for 5 years.  He now works for Avion Express in Medellin selling airplane parts.  He invited me to sit with his friends and watch the A/N game in progress – they were losing 2-1 - but I told him I had to meet someone up the street.

At Fresco Pan I had a cup of coffee and I noticed a wedding was going on at the church across the street.  

After a few minutes David came in with Michael and they sat about 8 feet away.  I read my Nook until about 8:30 and then I left.  I walked past the church to get a look at the people coming out of the church from the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment