Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wednesday, November 6th, 2013



Its 9pm and now I have to try to remember what I did all day.  It was pretty uneventful.  

I went to bed at 11pm, had no difficulty getting to sleep but woke up at 5am with tired eyes.  I took 2 Excedrin Migraine, went back to bed and finally woke/got up at 7am as someone was ringing my doorbell.  It turned out a man was looking for Camilo, the owner’s son.

About 8am I was walking down Avenida 84 looking for the mystery woman.  From 8:15-8:30 I sat across the street from the Salon.  From 8:40-9am I had a café con leche and croissant from the Los Mejores bakery.  From 9:05-9:25 I sat outside Farmacia Donoto.  Finally I walked back towards my apartment the same way but went down Bob’s street and stopped at the Fresco Pan to tell the girl who works there about Pigs in a Blanket.

I found Bob at the corner store and he told me he and peaches are going to stay at a hotel tonight in Itaqui.  I asked him to keep track of what buses he uses to get there.  I found Jhon at his office and talked to him a while.  Every day I try to give him a new English word to learn – today it was “squab”.

I went back to my apartment and left about 11am for Laureles Mall with my Nook and chess set.  I stopped at SanJote to buy a bottle of water and Franklin was there.  Of course he wanted to play chess.  We played something like 10-12 games and he finally won one.  About 1:15 I was getting very hungry and wanted to have some real food – not just potato chips and pop – so for lunch I had the Chicken Combo #2 at Frisby for 17,100 while we continued playing.  I also heard some thunder which was about the loudest I’ve ever heard even though it only rained for about 15 minutes.  That really cooled down the temperature.

We finally stopped at 6pm and I headed back to my apartment, changed into a long sleeve shirt, grabbed my umbrella and headed over to Fresco Pan.  Literally no one was there except the same girl who works there.  I got her to make me a large cup of coffee for a change with another ham & cheese pastry.  I asked her if she liked any American music, her face lit up and she said “jazz”.  Not my favorite.  She asked me how long I have been in Medellin and I told her 9 months.

Tonight I noticed that church got out at 7:10.  Now I know.  While I was sitting there David, the one I told off back on October 13th, stopped briefly at my table and informed me that my friend was down at the corner store.  I thanked him and he left.  I thought that was nice; maybe he’s trying to show that he’s changed.  About 10 minutes later he showed up again and asked if he could tell me something.  It was something about his brother having sex at a young age, his family had something to do with NY’s twin towers coming down, he went to the doctor and a nurse made some comment about him being schizophrenic and finally maybe it was him and not his brother who had sex at a young age.  I finally started putting all my things away to go down to see Bob and David finally left, heading in the same direction.  I took my time to be sure to give him a head start.  As I’m heading down the street he’s coming back.  He asks me if I have any contacts because he wants to go back to the US.  I thought he was a citizen but he told me he was only there on a student visa.  I told him his best chance is to marry an American.  He finally left.

I sat with Bob as everyone was watching A/N play Sao Paolo.  Bob said they didn’t go to Itaqui because of the weather and I told Bob what had just transpired with David.  A few minutes later David returns and starts to sit at our table.  Bob just grabbed his stuff and started to leave – as did I.  David finally got the hint and left.  The final score was 0-0.  How exciting.  I have a new idea to improve the game.  Put in a 10 foot plexiglass ceiling and all the high goal attempts will bounce back down instead of going over the goal.

I bought a bag of milk for tomorrow’s breakfast.

Back at the apartment I received an email from the owner.  It seems there is a water leak in the building and they want to get into my apartment tomorrow morning at 7am. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment