Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday, November 8th, 2013



Last night I walked over to Fresco Pan with the intention of having another “pizza” sandwich and café but the place was crowded with customers; church probably just let out.  I decided to go to Viva mall instead.  As I was taking the crossover bridge I looked into Redds and there was a man (with his side to me) and a woman (with her back to me) sitting at one of the tables.  The woman turned around, looked at me, and motioned me towards her.  I didn‘t recognize either of them so I continued on my way.  Maybe I should have checked it out.

I read my Nook book for a while at Viva until I started to get hungry and then I had my usual at Burger King.  One of the girls working there gave me some coupons that are good until the end of the year.  Most of them are 2 for 1 but even if I don’t have anyone to share them with there are a couple I can use.  It started raining while I was in Viva.  There seems to be a pattern here – rain in the evening.

I found Bob at the corner store and I chatted with him for a while.  I was glad I had a long sleeve shirt on but I couldn’t believe he was drinking a cold beer.  The only reason he could probably take it was because he had a jacket on.  Bob told me the reason I get so much milk in my Café con leche is because that’s what its supposed to be – half coffee and half milk.  I guess I need to order Café and a little milk.  I left him and went up to Fresco Pan and had a coffee with a little milk but it took a little while to get what I wanted.  I was there from about 7:40 to 8:20 and another church service was going on.  At 8:30 the man working there started to close up so I had to leave.

A few houses are already decorated for Christmas.  I can even see a large artificial Christmas tree in one of the 2nd floor picture windows.

I watched episode 6, Season 2 of Sleeper Cell.

I went to bed at 11:15, got up once during the night, and finally woke/got up at 6:20.

I checked the US new movie releases and there isn’t anything I’m interested in but About Time is playing at the Monterrey Theater at 2:10 & 4:30.

The workman was supposed to replace my trim early this morning.  At 8:15 I decided to tell him I had to leave in 30 minutes but I couldn’t see him anywhere.  I heard noise so I know he was around somewhere.

At 8:45 I left for LM to play chess with Franklin at 9am.  At 9:30 I called him and he told me he was in Bogota.  I’m beginning to think that I have the wrong name – or else there are 2 Franklins.  I’m going to have to ask him what his name is – how embarrassing.  He didn’t show up and about 11:30 I went over to Viva mall and had the chicken Combo #2 again at Frisby.

After lunch I found Jhon at his office and we chatted for quite a while.  He’s helping a friend (female of course) Marie Elena with a report on Chivas buses.  About 2:30 she finally showed up and while they were making some changes I took the opportunity to return to my apartment to drop off some things (chess set & umbrella) and pick up some other things (hat & sunglasses).  While there, another workman made arrangements with me to be in my apartment tomorrow morning for them to continue/finish the work there.  Jhon finally finished about 3:30 and he and I went to the Tinto store and had a coffee.  I told him my problem ordering coffee the way I like and he suggested I order “café con muy pequena leche”.  The problem is when I order like that I usually get a small cup of coffee with half coffee and half milk.  And when I put that in the translator it comes out as “very small coffee with milk”.  Sigh.

About 4:30 Marie Elena came back, gave Jhon some changes and he left at 5pm to take care of them.  

From 5:10-6:15 I sat outside Exito checking out the ladies – looking for the mystery woman.  (I sure hope it’s worth it when I do find her!)

At 6:30 I ordered a small fruit salad with 1 scoop of ice cream for 7mil at Almabar in LM.  While I was waiting for my order a man came up to me and handed me a flyer that advertised a “movie in the park”.  The location was “here”, the day was “today” and the time was “15 minutes ago”.  I peeked around the corner and since I had placed my order a movie screen had been put up at the midpoint of the mall.  The movie, something about a 12 year old boy living in a sordid and violent environment, was just starting as I left.

I went back to my apartment, changed into a long sleeved shirt and stopped at Fresco Pan for a cup of coffee.  Again, the cute girl working there was going to give me a small cup of coffee.  When I finally got what I wanted I asked her what this is called and she said “Café con Leche oscuro”.  Later I translated that into dark latte or dark coffee.  I’ll try that next time I order.  She started closing the store about 8:20 so I guess their usual closing time is 8:30.

I stopped at the corner store and picked up a bag of milk for my cereal tomorrow since I will probably be stuck in my apartment waiting for the worker to arrive and/or finish.  Yesterday’s milk was different from what I had been getting and what I got today.  I checked the translations and yesterday’s was skim milk and all the others were whole milk.  I’ve been drinking skim milk for years so instead of the extra calories I think I’ll start specifically asking for that.

I’m watching “Shark Tank” on USTVNOW and then I plan to watch “20/20”.

No comments:

Post a Comment