Saturday, November 2, 2013

Saturday, November 2nd, 2013


Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night and woke up at 4am with very tired eyes.  By 4:30 I put in some eye drops, took 2 Excedrin Migraine and went back to bed finally getting up at 6am.

Breakfast was the usual at Bunuelo Express.  I expected Franklin to arrive around 9am but he didn’t show up until 10:30.  (Of course that gave me time to do some extra reading in my Nook.)  

I was expecting Reina to show up about noon but instead it was her son Dylan.  He told me, with Franklin’s help, that Reina was in the hospital.  She was admitted this morning and is having her appendix removed.
Since I didn’t need to stop playing at noon I just bought a large bag of potato chips and a Pepsi.

While Franklin and I were playing, another man I had met before, William, showed up and watched for a while.

We finally finished at 1:30 and I had won all 3 games.  We made plans to meet again next Friday morning at 9am.

One new feature at Mall de Laureles is 2 leather chairs you put 500 pesos into and I guess it vibrates and gives you a massage but I haven’t seen anyone actually use it yet.

On my way to dinner I stopped at Jhon’s office and he was working with Diego on his English listening skills.  We all went to the corner store, found Bob there and we talked for about 90 minutes.  Bob said he found out that Colombians celebrate Halloween from Thursday through Sunday.  

At 6:15 dinner was the Chicken Combo #2 plus an upgrade to a large 32 oz. Pepsi at Frisby in Viva for a total of 18,200 ($9.58).  I saw a few more kids in costume and I even saw a group of about a dozen young adults in costume: teenage mutant ninja turtle, the riddler, the joker, a sexy sailor, wonder woman, a plant, a zombie, etc.  Afterwards I hung around until Exito was closing at 9:30 looking for the mystery woman with no luck.

I checked my blog notes and the mystery woman sightings were:
Ø      Wednesday, August 21st; about 4pm-5pm; corner store.
Ø      Tuesday, October 15th; about 3pm; Viva Mall towards Exito.

So now I’ve decided to hang around Exito every chance I get from 3pm-5pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment