Saturday, August 11, 2018

Friday, August 10, 2018


I woke up once about 3am, quickly fell back asleep, finally woke/got up at 7:30.  Wow, I need more nights like that!

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym picking up Adn and Q’Hubo newspapers on the way.  I completed all my exercises in 2 hours and for the first time my hamstrings felt normal.  If that continues for another week I’ll start increasing the reps and finally the weight.  I saw Charles who told me next Monday he would bring me the book on Spanish verbs I saw in his apt.  (My idea is to put all the Spanish verbs on digital index cards and at least learn them in their basic form.)  On the way back to the apt I picked up a Gente newspaper at Comfama.

When I returned from the gym I found that the clothes drying rack in the utility room had come apart.  I got out my duct tape and fixed it up stronger than before.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see The Meg (6.5) starring Jason Statham.  Locally, I would like to see Adrift (6.7) playing at Oviedo at 6pm and The Darkest Minds (5.4) playing at Vizcaya at 6:55 and Oviedo at 7pm.

Teresa asked me how much we can afford for rent for the new apartment.  Currently we’re paying 1,600,000 so I told her 1,800,000.  She asked me if her mother could stay with us in our apt in San Joaquin for 8 days at a time.  I told her no.  Now she wants to look for an apt down the hill.  Sigh!

Somehow Teresa believes she lost 20,000 pesos she had in her purse.

Teresa wanted take her mother to Parque Botanico to see the bird and flower festival but she saw something in the newspaper and now she wants to go to Premium Plaza mall.

After lunch I took a nap from 1:30 to 2:30.

I received an email from Envios Market that I have a package waiting for pickup.  I believe it’s a chess book I ordered.  Teresa wants to spend the day tomorrow in Santafe de Antioquia.  If not, then I’ll go to Poblado and pick up my book.

I grabbed 140 or 160mil from my “safe”, we left the apt at 5:15, walked down the hill, quickly caught a taxi, and picked up MT at the next corner.

I noticed that the new Viva mall now has a large sign on the Avenida Las Vegas side.  It reminds me of the one from Laureles.  The mall should be finished sometime in the next few months.

I remember seeing workers building what looked like a sidewalk between the Las Vegas lanes in the Stella Duran area.  It’s now finished and I can see they are dedicated bicycle lanes from EAFIT to at least Mercado del Rio.

At Premium Plaza mall the ladies walked around arts & crafts booths while I stayed in the background.  Teresa found a little (another) creche that I bought for her for 30mil.  We had sandwiches and drinks at Subway for another 36mil.  MT found some earrings she wanted and she borrowed 100mil from me.  Teresa picked up a few things at the grocery store.  I explained to her that we couldn’t buy anything else because I had barely enough cash left for the taxi ride back home.

We dropped MT off at the usual corner and proceeded back to the apt.  After paying for the taxi I ended up with 4mil.

Today’s Step Count was 7,208.

Joke of the day
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN
Eating Out
When the bill arrives, Mike, Dave and John will each throw in $20, even though the bill is only $32.50. None of them will have anything smaller and none will actually admit they want change back.
When the girls get their bill, out come the pocket calculators.

No comments:

Post a Comment