Friday, August 10, 2018

Thursday, August 9, 2018


Despite getting up twice during the night I slept until 6:30 and got up at 7am feeling pretty good.

Teresa left to check on the finca at 9am and I watched the first 45 minutes of the Today show.

About 10:45 I walked over to Bartolos and I sat at one of the outside tables until noon without anyone coming to ask if I wanted anything.  They put up their lunch menu about 11:45 and I finally called over a waitress and ordered their menu of the day.

TOURNAMENT STATISTICS
In the 5 games where I had the White pieces I always opened with e4 and my opponents answered with e5 (once), d5 (once), or c5 (3 times).  The latter is the opening move of the Sicilian Defense but I played the King’s Indian Attack.  In the 4 games where I had the Black pieces my opponent opened with Nf3 (once) and e4 (3 times).  I was happy for the latter as I was able to practice the Sicilian Defense.

I won 2 games with Black, 1 with White, and 1 draw with each color.

Even though I have (had) a rating of 1667, my performance rating in this tournament was only 1286.  Yikes!

Teresa just called me and informed me that she cancelled her massage appointments at Stella Duran.  She is going to have lunch with her cousin Cecilia.

I took a little nap from 3pm to 4pm when Teresa came back.  She told me that John said he’s very happy with Laura’s work but she needs to learn to speak English better.  That should improve greatly after a year working in the US.

For dinner Teresa warmed up some spaghetti for me and I made myself a large slice of garlic bread.

Yikes!  I thought the game started at 7pm but when I connected to my Slingbox I found the game to be early in the 2nd quarter.  The game actually started at 6pm so I missed our new QBs first game action.  The Bears ended up losing to the Bengals 30-27.

Today’s Step Count was 5,335.

Well, it finally happened!  I ran out of t-shirt sayings so its time for some jokes.  Two things: 1) I apologize if anyone finds any of them offensive.  There are some sensitive people out there.  2) I know I have a few duplicates in my collection so I would appreciate if someone could point them out when they see them.

Joke of the day
A young boy had just gotten his driver's permit and inquired of his father if they could discuss his use of the car.  His father said he'd make a deal with his son.

"You bring your grades up from a C average to a B average, study your Bible a little, get your hair cut and we'll talk about the car."

The boy thought about that for a moment, decided he'd settle for the offer and they agreed on it.

After about six weeks his father said, "Son, I'm real proud. You brought your grades up and I've observed you have been studying your Bible, but I'm real disappointed you haven't gotten your hair cut."

The young man paused a moment then said, "You know, Dad, I've been thinking about that, and I noticed in my Bible studies that Samson had long hair, John the Baptist had long hair, Moses had long hair and there's even a strong argument that Jesus had long hair."

And his father replied, "Did you also notice they all walked everywhere they went?"

No comments:

Post a Comment