Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Monday, August 20, 2018


Today is another holiday.  This time it’s Asunción de María (Assumption of Mary).

Last night I slept pretty well despite getting up twice but I was awakened at 6:40 by the parrots squawking in the tree outside the apt so I got up.

Teresa left at 7am for the finca to check out the plants and things.  She’s going to try to come back in time so we can see the movie tonight.  It will probably be the 3D version starting at 7pm.

I had a little bit of a runny nose this morning so I hope I didn’t somehow catch Laura’s cold.

I left the apt at 8:05.  The streets and sidewalks are nearly deserted.  There was a ciclovia going on on the closed street leading to the park.  I had calentado and a café con leche at Carbon de Leña for the usual 8,500 pesos.  Passing back through the park there was an exercise class just getting organized.  I was back at the apt by 8:50 so I guess here to there and back with breakfast takes about 45 minutes.

I wached the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.  The exercise class in the park was now in progress.

I completed all my exercises in 2 hours.  For the 2nd time my hamstrings felt like normal on the leg flex machine.  I’m pretty satisfied with the muscle I’ve put on in the last 2 years, now I need to work on my cardio.  I skipped 2 simple but time consuming exercises that I usually do and instead walked for 5 minutes at speed 5 on the treadmill.  I know I need to increase the speed and time in order to work my heart but I am limited by how much force my old joints can take.  At one point I saw a man walked past me wearing a Chicago t-shirt.

Back at the apt Laura finally came out of her bedroom about 12:30.
I understand Teresa won’t be returning until later so Laura called and ordered a full chicken plus salads and a Pepsi for me from Frisby for 56mil.  This way there will be some food for Teresa when she returns.

Laura shared with me a voice mail and messages from Trevor, one of the young men I met last week at Santafe mall.  He’s the one from SF that spoke English with me while the other 2 spoke English with Teresa.  He sounds like he’s infatuated with her; time will tell.

I took a nap from 2:30 to 3:45.

Teresa called at 5:45 to report that she’s still waiting to catch a bus from the finca back to Envigado.  If she catches a bus then I’ll go early to Oviedo to buy tickets and they will catch up with me later.

Teresa finally called just after 6pm.  She caught a taxi but traffic was heavy so things are still a little up in the air.  I changed clothes, walked down the hill and caught a taxi to Oviedo.  Thankfully, there was no line and there were lots of seats available.  I waited for Teresa to call to tell me whether to buy tickets or not.  Finally she called and I understood that it would only be me and Laura so I bought 2 preferred seating 3D tickets for 20mil each.  A little later I got a text message from Laura that she was coming in a taxi with Teresa.  Is Teresa just accompanying her or is she going to see the movie also?  They showed up just before 7pm and we managed to buy another seat right next to the other two.  (I now have 29 total ticket purchases this year on my Cine Colombia card.)  We bought popcorn and sodas and entered the theater just before the main feature began.

It was really cold inside.  Teresa brought a piece of Frisby chicken with her and at one point I warned her because I saw a Cine Colombia employee walking the aisles.

When another employee came by later I asked her why it was so cold inside.  Of course I didn’t understand her answer so I had her repeat it for Teresa who then explained to me that another room was full of people so they had to turn up the A/C for them.  Obviously they don’t have separate controls for each theater.

The movie was okay as they had to kill the Megaladon several times.  Interestingly I recognized the actor Robert Taylor who I remember from the TV series Longmire.

Outside Oviedo we quickly caught a taxi back to the apt for 8mil.

Wow, Trevor sent Laura a text message asking how her day was.

Today’s Step Count was 8,566.

Joke of the day
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN
Thought for the Day
A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no reason for two people to have to remember the same thing!



3 comments:

  1. Infatuated with Teresa or with Laura?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor is infatuated with Laura. Or maybe he just wants a girl in every port. Who knows?

      Delete
  2. Terry, I have missed your daily postings. I hope all is well with you and the the lack of postings is just internet issues.

    ReplyDelete