Friday, August 17, 2018

Thursday, August 16, 2018


Last night I slept pretty well despite getting up twice during the night, finally waking at 6:30 and getting up up at 7am.

I left the apt at 9:30 and took the metro to the Rosales station.  I checked out a bike and rode to the airport and returned to the Suramericana metro station (1st station east of Estadio station).  I had the name and address of a restaurant that serves Sunday brunch and I wanted to check it out.  The restaurant is Juan Fredo CafĂ© and it’s at Carrera 66 #48-17 and I had a nice menu del dia for 13,000 pesos.  I had some troubles ordering but a manager came up and helped me in perfect English.  When I was ready to leave I was waylayed by the American owner on my way to the restroom.  His name is John Earhart and he’s from Ohio (originally).  He explained to me that businesses in Medellin can be a gold mine as long as you can find workers that will follow your direction.  He mentioned if he had children he would send them to the best college in Medellin only so they would know what NOT to do.  Lol.  He gave me his business card and since he was leaving offered me a ride in his BMW.  I declined since I was right across the street from the metro station and I was going all the way to Envigado.

Back in Envigado I had a limonada de coco at Bartolos before continuing on to the apt.

So far I’ve been able to find time to spend an hour each day studying tactics from my new chess book.

Teresa told me she wanted to go to Buena Mesa with her mother for ice cream.  She left first and she called me an hour or so later.  I met them at the yogurt restaurant on the corner and Teresa and I had frozen yogurt with all the fixings.  For me that included fresh strawberries, blueberries and ground (grounded?  Smashed? Anyway, you know what I mean) peanuts. 

I walked down the block for a minute where I finally found the restaurant Lucio Carbon y Vino (Carrera 44A #30 Sur-40) right next to the restaurant La Doctora where I expected it to be.  
Apparently they don’t put out their sign unless they are open.  Some review I read said they have the best steaks (for me) – and fish (for Teresa) in Envigado.

Back at the apt Laura was all excited because she finally has an iPhone.  Apparently, her friend Juan David bought a new iPhone and sold her his old one for 150,000 pesos.  I questioned her if it belonged to a man, why was it pink?  She laughed and explained that it’s black she just put a pink cover on it.  She thought I was accusing him of being gay when I was actually questioning her story that she got it from him for only 150mil.

Today’s Step Count was 11,162.

Joke of the day
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN
Marriage
A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.
A man marries a woman expecting she won't change, but she does.

2 comments:

  1. Terry, I have finally read all of your blog entries. Thanks for the work you put into telling your readers the story of your life in the Medellin area. It is helping me decide where I wanrt to live and the lifestyle I want when I retire to Colombia. I am my mother's caregiver. So My retirement depends on when I no longer have that responsibility. I hope it is many years away.
    Again, thanks,
    JAck Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading. Medellin is a great location if you like highs in the mid 80s.
    Btw, how old are you?

    ReplyDelete