Sunday, August 19, 2018

Saturday, August 18, 2018


Last night I fell asleep quickly but was awakened at 3:30 in the morning by 2 ladies talking loudly outside.  They were probably drunk.  I fell back asleep quickly, finally waking at 6:30 and getting up at 7am.

I left the apt about 8:30 with Laura as she ordered an Uber car to take her to Los Patios Hostel Boutique.  I met Juliana, John’s wife, and explored the hostel.  Juliana is kind of cute, very petite and pretty thin.  The hostel is pretty neat with lots of information for the traveler.

I left about 9:15 and it was only about a 5-block walk to Envios Market.  I picked up my August Chess Life magazine and a letter from Citibank.  The letter was basically just a reminder to keep my email address up-to-date.

It was a nice morning so instead of taking a bus I walked up to McDonald’s.  I used the restroom and was pleasantly surprised that it had toilet seats and toilet paper.  There was also, oh my god, a hook on the wall.  But it wasn’t in a practical location because anyone outside the stall could have taken whatever you hung on it.  Being it was a handicapped stall I had a couple of bars to hang things on.

I ordered a cappuccino frappe and read my magazine for about an hour and then after a 5 minute wait caught a Sabaneta bus back to the apt.

I stopped at Exito and picked up a few things but forgot to buy tomatoes.

For lunch Teresa made chicken using some of the stir-fry vegetables from the bag we bought at Pricemart yesterday.  From Teresa’s reaction I don’t think she’s every eaten green beans before.  She said they always open them up and eat the “peas/beans” that are inside.  They are probably very different types of beans.

I understand Jose and Maria Cruz are visiting Chicago these last few days and having a ball.

Teresa left about 3pm to go to Mayorca with MT.

4pm and the parrots are in the tree outside our apt.  I can’t see them but I can certainly hear them.

I entered all my step counts in an Excel spreadsheet organized by day of the week.  I can’t see any obvious pattern like one day has many more or less steps.  The daily range is from a low of 5,335 to a high of 14,406 with an average of about 8,000 to 9,000.  The point is to increase my daily steps so I’ll have to try to work on that without sacrificing time away from my chess studies.

In the end the Chicago Bears edged the Denver Broncos tonight 24-23.  The main thing is I don’t believe there were any serious injuries.

Today’s Step Count was 6,325.

Joke of the day
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN
Natural
Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed.
Women somehow deteriorate during the night.

1 comment:

  1. Green beans are habichuelas, there are also different fríjoles that a re green. The ones she mentioned are arvejas.

    ReplyDelete