Thursday, August 9, 2018

Wednesday, August 8, 2018


Last night I took my sleeping pill and muscle relaxant, it took a few minutes to fall asleep but I slept through the night finally waking at 6am and getting up at 6:30.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I completed all my exercises in 2 hours.  I saw Charles working out there.

Back at the apt I spent hours trying to recreate the recording of my 8th game that ended in a draw.  I got close but no cigar.

I received a text message from Alex who is down in Putomayo.  He moved out from living with Alba – more specifically, her family.  He’s going to stay in a hotel there for awhile to figure out what to do next.

This au pair thing is getting complicated quickly.  Laura was going through an agency to become an au pair in the US.  Now she wants to become an au pair for a family that will live in England and then in Australia.  So does she need to have 2 visas?  To be continued.
At 5:45 Teresa and I took an Uber to Oviedo for 12,800 pesos.  First I added 40mil to my Cine card balance then bought 2 preferred seating tickets for 7,250 each.  As we were leaving the box office we ran into Jose from the gym who had just seen The Darkest Minds (5.5) and reported he liked it.  We then went down to the food court where Teresa bought a Subway sandwich for us to share.  Back upstairs we got in line and bought a large popcorn (salt only) and 2 large sodas for 21,500 pesos leaving me with a balance of 37,900.  I now have 23 total ticket purchases on my Cine Colombia card.

The theater was nearly full and Teresa thoroughly enjoyed the action movie.  She loved the seats also and now always wants preferred seating.  I’ve certainly spoiled her.

Outside we easily caught a taxi back to the apt.

Teresa talked to Laura and I was informed I would have to put 10,000,000 pesos (about $3,500) into some bank account as escrow for her visa.  I don’t know if I would want to do that because who knows whose account that could be and they could steal my money.  Anyway, it’s a dilemma easily solved because I don’t have anything close to 10 million pesos.  I guess Laura will be back to the agency for the US.

Today’s Step Count was 9,376.

T-shirt of the day: Life is better without boyfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment