Saturday, August 18, 2018

Friday, August 17, 2018


Last night I fell asleep quickly, only got up once during the night, fell back asleep quickly and woke/got up at 6:45 (by some man in the street calling out whatever he was selling).  How rude!

Teresa asked me what I wanted for breakfast.  Since I always have scrambled eggs and a muffin on gym mornings and I knew we were out of muffins I said “pan tostado” (toast).  I was therefore surprised a few minutes later when she served my French toast (Pan tostado Frances).  I guess I should have also mentioned “huevos” (eggs).  Lol.

After breakfast I took a nap from 8:05 to 8:55; I think I actually slept for about 30 minutes of that time with Teresa waking me just before 9am.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I added 10# to one of my machines and 5# to another completing all my exercises in 2 hours and 5 minutes.  On my way back to the apt as I entered the Confama building I noticed my step counter was hanging from its lanyard.  If not for the lanyard I certainly would have lost it.  I picked up a Gente newspaper and walked back to the apt.

I read something in the newspaper about Day of the Empanada and now Teresa wants to take her mother to Rionegro on Sunday.  I got included when she found out I don’t have a football game on Sunday.  My game is tomorrow night.

For lunch Teresa made penne pasta with a mushroom sauce much like we get at J&C Delicias.  After lunch we took a little nap.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Mile 22 (6.0), Crazy Rich Asians (7.5), and Alpha (6.5).

Locally, I would like to see Megaladon (6.2) which is playing in Oviedo at 5:30 and 7pm (3D) and Vizcaya at 6:20.  It’s starring Laura’s heartthrob Jason Statham so maybe we’ll all see it on her day off which I believe is Monday.

I would also like to see Bad Samaritan (6.3) which is only playing at Unicentro at 3:20 and 6pm and maybe Knock (5.9) playing at Vizcaya at 3:50.

Laura came back about 3pm, not feeling good, and went right to bed.  I understand she has a bad cold.

We left the apt at 4pm and took an Uber to Pricesmart for 13,000 pesos.  It took less than 10 minutes for the Uber car to arrive but I’m still upset because I haven’t figured out how to override the GPS pickup location to my actual address.

We picked up a number of items and while in line to pay, Teresa decided to return the 10” Stir-Fry pan and bag of pecans that she picked out and the chocolate covered almonds that I picked out.  (I did get to keep my package of muffins though.)  Everything came to 339,800 pesos and if we’d kept the other things it would have been well over 400,000 pesos.

We packed most of our things in the 2 bags that my brother gave me.  Downstairs we quickly put our things in a taxi.  There is a man there who writes something on a clipboard and I understand for security purposes it’s the license plate of the taxi and where we are going.  I’d feel more confident if they also wrote down one of our cedula numbers.

We were back at the apt by 6pm for 15,000 pesos.

I’m getting the feeling that we save about 2,000 pesos when we take an Uber car but I think during rush hour it’s easier for us to just walk down the hill and catch a taxi.

Today’s Step Count was 6,990.

Joke of the day
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN
Dressing Up
A woman will dress up to go shopping, water the plants, empty the trash, answer the phone, read a book, and get the mail.
A man will dress up for weddings and funerals.



No comments:

Post a Comment