Thursday, August 2, 2018

Wednesday, August 1, 2018


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up once a short time after, woke up at 4am, gave up getting back to sleep at 5am and got up.  I went back to bed at 6:30 finally fell back asleep and woke/got up at 8:15.

Because I had a late breakfast I watched 45 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym where I completed all my exercises in 2 hours.

On the way back to the apt I ran into Laura on her way to meet with John Joseph about a job with his tourist business.

I used World Remit again to send myself 2 million pesos at a charge of $3.99.

Laura recreated the note to the agency with today’s date.  I signed it and added my cedula number and she took it down the hill to their office.

When she came back we walked over to Bancolombia.  We had a 55 minute wait so in the meantime I read my Reader’s Digest.  I got my pesos and we stepped outside to our next line to use their deposit machine.  While I waited, Laura went across the plaza and bought herself an ice cream cone – my treat.  When she returned I told her she could leave for her dog sitting job.  After a 15 minute wait I made deposits to the accounts for the apartment, my health insurance, and the gym.

I walked over to the bakery where I had a café con leche and a churro to celebrate.

I spent a good deal of the afternoon and evening studying my chess openings.

I forgot to mention a couple things I learned from Jose yesterday regarding playing in tournaments here: 1) I am allowed to record my moves in English instead of Spanish but if I win I’ll have to enter the game into their database myself instead of leaving my score sheet for them to do, 2) if I have my cellphone on during a game and it rings, I immediately lose the game.  Something to keep in mind.

We got a little rain in the evening.

Teresa reminded me that tomorrow a woman is coming to clean all the windows of the building starting at 7am.  Teresa said not to worry she won’t wake you.  I said if she rings the doorbell or knocks on the door she’ll certainly wake me.  But then again, the way things have been going lately I might already be up to let her in.

Today’s Step Count was 7,977.

T-shirt of the day: Bass Pro Shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment