Monday, August 13, 2018

Sunday, August 12, 2018


I got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 8:15.

Today is the last day of the Flower Festival and I understand it’s the day of the Silletero (sp?) parade so we probably won’t venture very far today either.  We did watch some of it on television.  It is pretty large and involved.

I forgot to mention that Friday night when we were coming back in a taxi from Premium Plaza I saw someone assembling artificial Christmas trees in a shop window.

I left the apt and walked to Todo Drogas where I bought a few things.  I stopped at Exito on my way back and bought a few more things.

For lunch we just ordered from Frisby.

All morning and afternoon the streets and sidewalks around the apartment are nearly deserted.  I guess everyone is either at the Silletero parade or is watching it from home on TV.

We also took naps intermittently today – 2 hours extra sleep in my case.

About 5:15 we heard some loud squawking – obviously birds.  We looked out the window and saw 2 parrots sitting on top of the building across the street – hopping around and squawking.  That was kind of cool.

I started going through my new book The Woodpecker Method.  I completed 20 chess exercises in an hour and got 15 of them correct.  One of the other five had an invalid answer.  I will try to do at least an hour of puzzles each day.  There are 222 puzzles in the Easy section so I should be done in a week or two.  Then I repeat them again attempting to improve on my time.  That continues until I can go through them all in one day or have reached the 7th iteration.  Then you just repeat them before a chess tournament.  There are also Medium and Hard sections that I might consider tackling at a later date.

Just as we were going to bed we received a text message from Laura.  She was with a young man who was very sick and she was going to take him to the hospital.

Today’s Step Count was 5,752.

Joke of the day
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN
Bathrooms
A man has six items in his bathroom: toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving cream, razor, a bar of soap, and a towel.
The average number of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 337. And a man wouldn’t be able to identify more than 20 of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment